Acebeam        

Thread: Maha MC9000 discontinued

Default Maha MC9000 discontinued

I just noticed after visiting Mahaís website.
    It says new model coming soon.
    I wonder what kind of improvements they could add.
    I know the C9000 maybe consider an old technology but to me itís still a great charger.

Default Re: Maha MC9000 discontinued

I noticed that, also.

Cuz' my 13 year old MH-C9000
    just *died* last week !
    :-(

I'll certainly buy a NEW model !

Mine is about 9 years old and still works fine. I still have 3 C9000 in the box that I got on sale as backup.
    The C9000 are not the only chargers I have, but for the enellops is the only I use.
    Im still wondering what they will improve. Maybe remove the 2 hours top off? Would that be an improvement?

Wonder if their New version
    will also handle Li-Ion cells ? ? ?

Patiently waiting . . . . . .

_

Well -- NOW we have the ANSWER to my question !

It *WON'T* !
    :-\
    Last edited by Burgess; 06-23-2020 at 11:33 PM. Reason: updated info

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    I noticed that, also.

Cuz' my 13 year old MH-C9000
    just *died* last week !
    :-(

I'll certainly buy a NEW model !
    My charger is starting to die .....I think. I'm getting the ''high'' message on cells that otherwise seem fine. (I've no other way of checking their health).
    ''Go placidly .....''

Quote Originally Posted by Sarratt View Post
    My charger is starting to die .....I think. I'm getting the ''high'' message on cells that otherwise seem fine. (I've no other way of checking their health).
    Anything reading above 2.05ish volts on the I.R. test will yield a HIGH reading and kick the battery out of the charging phase, so totally normal.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

Flashaholic*

Yup. You need new cells, not a new charger.

Flashaholic

Thanks for the replies. I will try them again using the break in mode.
    The cells in question are all ''high capacity'' ( 2400 ) . Amazon Basics and eneloop pro. 2 of each.
    Perhaps I should drain them individually in a light then try.
    ''Go placidly .....''

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Sarratt View Post
    The cells in question are all ''high capacity'' ( 2400 ) . Amazon Basics and eneloop pro. 2 of each.
    The high capacity NiMH cells don't last nearly as long as the lower capacity normal cells (such as regular 1900mAh Eneloops). If you have used them more than about 150 cycles, they probably can't be recharged anymore because their IR is too high. Same if they're a few years old. Of course, either of those can be shorter, depending how they've been treated and how sensitive your charger is to IR.

You can always still charge them on a dumb charger, that just forces current into them for 10 hours or something. But easier to just get new batteries. If you don't need the high capacity versions, get the regular.

My Maha C9000 is ~ 10.5 years old.

Slots 1 & 2 do not work. i.e. When you plug it in, Slots 1 & 2 think a battery is already in there and starts charging at some rate.

Slots 3 & 4 are still ok.
    -----------------------------
    Between that and an independent 4 channel Duracell charger (CEF 23) I got a long time ago - I think I'm ok. 1 slot gets way too hot on the Duracell so I stopped using it.
    Five total charging slots for my simple needs is plenty.
    -----------------------------
    I will try an Opus BT charger at some point though, if the final C9000 slots give up the ghost

My C9000 has served me well, in well over 10 years.
    I haven't had reasons to use it as extensively as many others here, so it still works as well as it did when I got it.
    Looking forward to the new model, with great curiosity. :-D

/Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by SweD View Post
    My C9000 has served me well, in well over 10 years.
    I haven't had reasons to use it as extensively as many others here, so it still works as well as it did when I got it.
    Looking forward to the new model, with great curiosity. :-D

/Dennis
    Same here, but early 2012.

Itís been a great charger for me.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

Flashaholic

I'm using the C9000 at the present moment, doing an R&A, every two months on all of my Eneloops, going back around 10+ or more years. It's been a great charger, solid, smooth and does its thing very well. Don't know what the future holds but the Eneloops have benefited beautifully using the C9000.

I got my MH-C9000 in Jan 2015 and it's still going.

Flashaholic

More info :
    Last edited by coffeecup66; 06-25-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcosg View Post
    I wonder what kind of improvements they could add.
    https://mahapowerex.eu/maha-powerex-c9000pro.html

new improvement the price. the old model was 70 bucks.

i think the new version looks great and has the best set of features! maybe you guys can apply for a free leview unit and compose a full fledged leview. i doht take time for this **** anymore since i started a new hobby in 2020: day trading.

hehe
    Last edited by kreisl; 06-29-2020 at 05:29 AM.

Flashaholic

MH-C9000Pro
    Last edited by coffeecup66; 06-25-2020 at 12:56 AM.

Flashaholic

This is a testament to how good this product was back in 2006 when it first came out. 14 years later its replacement although smaller has almost the exact same capability. It was the first charger that I ever owned that did something other than charge batteries. For me it was the only one until about 2014 when I bought an Opus BT-C3400.

I donít think Iíll be one the early buyers though. Because now in 2020 for 30 dollars more you could buy a MC-3000 which gives you all the fetchers and more of the MC9000. Plus with the MC-3000 you get full adjustability and a lot more chemistry choices.

Frank

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by fmc1 View Post
    ... Because now in 2020 for 30 dollars more you could buy a MC-3000 ...

Frank
    I think ...
    Last edited by coffeecup66; 06-25-2020 at 12:57 AM.

I've contacted the company and they told me that the new version also has improved build quality with regard to the plastic material and structural integrity. you'll see when you open the new device

IMHO the new version is a Strong Buy
    Last edited by kreisl; 06-24-2020 at 11:55 AM.

What is "cycle mode" on this charger line and why does the new model not have it?
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Flashaholic

1)

2) ...
    Last edited by coffeecup66; 06-25-2020 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecup66 View Post
    1) See page 2 for "mode" details here : https://static.eleshop.nl/mage/media...-manual-en.pdf

2) I dunno. Redundancy ?
    If I donít have the 40 hours to blow on Break-In, Iíll just set a few cycles and be done with it, so I use my cycle mode and Iíd miss it with the new version, but if my Maha goes Ďbosom up,í Iím buying it regardless.

Chris

I don't get the removal of the cycle mode either, it's already implemented, it's proved to be working.
    It wouldn't have cost them anything to keep it and still push the build quality improvement or whatever else they please, but why remove something that's developed and working fine?

Not a show stopper for me, but I sure do use the cycle mode at times for old stubborn cells that need a good telling off to get themselves into shape, not having to baby sit them a whole lot while it happens.

Maybe just an anal product developer deciding that "Nope, we already have the functionality, it's called refresh and analyze, repeating it the user can do themselves, and it looks messy having duplicate features in a minimal interface ..."

Still looking forward to the first proper reviews, still somewhat struggling to find the real benefit with the new unit over the old one, though, for my use cases.

/Dennis