Maha MC9000 discontinued

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
I just noticed after visiting Maha's website.
It says new model coming soon.
I wonder what kind of improvements they could add.
I know the C9000 maybe consider an old technology but to me it's still a great charger.

Burgess

Flashaholic
I noticed that, also.

Cuz' my 13 year old MH-C9000
just *died* last week !
:-(

I'll certainly buy a NEW model !

marcosg

Newly Enlightened
Mine is about 9 years old and still works fine. I still have 3 C9000 in the box that I got on sale as backup.
The C9000 are not the only chargers I have, but for the enellops is the only I use.
Im still wondering what they will improve. Maybe remove the 2 hours top off? Would that be an improvement?

Burgess

Flashaholic
Wonder if their New version
will also handle Li-Ion cells ? ? ?

Patiently waiting . . . . . .

:whistle:
_

Well -- NOW we have the ANSWER to my question !

It *WON'T* !
:-\

Last edited:

Sarratt

Enlightened
I noticed that, also.

Cuz' my 13 year old MH-C9000
just *died* last week !
:-(

I'll certainly buy a NEW model !

My charger is starting to die .....I think. I'm getting the ''high'' message on cells that otherwise seem fine. (I've no other way of checking their health).

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
My charger is starting to die .....I think. I'm getting the ''high'' message on cells that otherwise seem fine. (I've no other way of checking their health).

Anything reading above 2.05ish volts on the I.R. test will yield a HIGH reading and kick the battery out of the charging phase, so totally normal.

Chris

Sarratt

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I will try them again using the break in mode.
The cells in question are all ''high capacity'' ( 2400 ) . Amazon Basics and eneloop pro. 2 of each.
Perhaps I should drain them individually in a light then try.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The cells in question are all ''high capacity'' ( 2400 ) . Amazon Basics and eneloop pro. 2 of each.

The high capacity NiMH cells don't last nearly as long as the lower capacity normal cells (such as regular 1900mAh Eneloops). If you have used them more than about 150 cycles, they probably can't be recharged anymore because their IR is too high. Same if they're a few years old. Of course, either of those can be shorter, depending how they've been treated and how sensitive your charger is to IR.

You can always still charge them on a dumb charger, that just forces current into them for 10 hours or something. But easier to just get new batteries. If you don't need the high capacity versions, get the regular.

Marc999

Newly Enlightened
My Maha C9000 is ~ 10.5 years old.

Slots 1 & 2 do not work. i.e. When you plug it in, Slots 1 & 2 think a battery is already in there and starts charging at some rate.

Slots 3 & 4 are still ok.
-----------------------------
Between that and an independent 4 channel Duracell charger (CEF 23) I got a long time ago - I think I'm ok. 1 slot gets way too hot on the Duracell so I stopped using it.
Five total charging slots for my simple needs is plenty.
-----------------------------
I will try an Opus BT charger at some point though, if the final C9000 slots give up the ghost

SweD

Newly Enlightened
My C9000 has served me well, in well over 10 years.
I haven't had reasons to use it as extensively as many others here, so it still works as well as it did when I got it.
Looking forward to the new model, with great curiosity. :-D

/Dennis

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
My C9000 has served me well, in well over 10 years.
I haven't had reasons to use it as extensively as many others here, so it still works as well as it did when I got it.
Looking forward to the new model, with great curiosity. :-D

/Dennis

Same here, but early 2012.

It's been a great charger for me.

Chris

Climb14er

Enlightened
I'm using the C9000 at the present moment, doing an R&A, every two months on all of my Eneloops, going back around 10+ or more years. It's been a great charger, solid, smooth and does its thing very well. Don't know what the future holds but the Eneloops have benefited beautifully using the C9000.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what kind of improvements they could add.
https://mahapowerex.eu/maha-powerex-c9000pro.html

new improvement the price. the old model was 70 bucks.

i think the new version looks great and has the best set of features! maybe you guys can apply for a free leview unit and compose a full fledged leview. i doht take time for this **** anymore since i started a new hobby in 2020: day trading.

hehe :poof:

Last edited:

fmc1

Enlightened
This is a testament to how good this product was back in 2006 when it first came out. 14 years later its replacement although smaller has almost the exact same capability. It was the first charger that I ever owned that did something other than charge batteries. For me it was the only one until about 2014 when I bought an Opus BT-C3400.

I don't think I'll be one the early buyers though. Because now in 2020 for 30 dollars more you could buy a MC-3000 which gives you all the fetchers and more of the MC9000. Plus with the MC-3000 you get full adjustability and a lot more chemistry choices.

Frank

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've contacted the company and they told me that the new version also has improved build quality with regard to the plastic material and structural integrity. you'll see when you open the new device

IMHO the new version is a Strong Buy :huh:

Last edited: