[Photos] How We Test Rechargeable Battery Chargers

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Whether it's your first time buying a charger or you're replacing an old one, it's worth knowing what extra features are worth paying for, including the charger quality. As a professional battery charger manufacturer, XTAR exposed its charger product testing process for the first time. Let's see how we test our battery chargers.

1. Over ten tests for chargers' appearance
VTcv2Di.png

2. Accurate testing for judging battery voltage after fully charged with professional equipment, keeping the performance parameter deviation within 1%.
yrJSvPe.png

3. Aging test. Simulating the daily use of battery chargers, testing the stability of electronic components. Test duration: 1-10 hours.
irWla1C.png

4. Extreme high temperature test to ensure the chargers' use safety in extreme environments. Test duration: 1-5 hours. Test temperature: -20℃-65℃.
AsoSdZC.png

5. Button press test. Check the service life of the buttons on the chargers and eliminate the bad buttons of the products. Test duration: 1-5 hours, test times: 2000-50,000 times.
Fn66Qcm.png

6. Interface plug detection. Test duration: 1-5 hours, test times: 2000-50000 times.
BGNEfkM.png

7. Anti-drop test. Simulate the battery charger's daily use environment and test the durability of the housing.
kCi7B2G.png

The product quality inspection in XTAR is full inspection.

-------
What's your oldest XTAR charger? Share the pictures below.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you test the plastic used to make Xtar chargers? I have two SV2 Rocket chargers that broke because the little plastic posts that the slider springs attach to broke off - seems that the plastic is too weak and/or the design is not good......maybe a different method of attaching the springs would be better?

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
Do you test the plastic used to make Xtar chargers? I have two SV2 Rocket chargers that broke because the little plastic posts that the slider springs attach to broke off - seems that the plastic is too weak and/or the design is not good......maybe a different method of attaching the springs would be better?

VC8 uses black ABS fire-retardant and flame-retardant material. This material is relatively light and strong, and it will not crack when dropped or bumped. We do anti-drop test. In order to make the battery connecting good, the spring is relatively tight.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. I will tell that to our engineers.

jross20

Newly Enlightened
I purchased your VC2S charger just 3 weeks ago, loving it so far. The display is EXCELLENT and it stays a lot cooler than my old nitecore charger.

Really interesting to see all of the testing they go through. :twothumbs

XTAR Light

Enlightened
Vendor
I purchased your VC2S charger just 3 weeks ago, loving it so far. The display is EXCELLENT and it stays a lot cooler than my old nitecore charger.

Really interesting to see all of the testing they go through. :twothumbs

So glad you love it. :thanks:

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if this SV2 problem has been confirmed and solved in the meantime?