ArmyTek        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is a truly robust survival flashlight

Default Re: What is a truly robust survival flashlight

Yes. You can probably do it with 90 percent of the lights out there with potted leds and circuits.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

I would be also grateful to have some information regarding shock/vibration resilience of incand lights. For example the 6p, efc.

There tougher then you think. But one drop the wrong way and bulb blows. And it’s always when you need it. My first good light a E2E was my first work light. Dropped it all the time. 90 percent of the time it was fine. But 10 percent it wasn’t. That’s really not acceptable if you want the toughest you can get.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Should the best survival flashlight be, as the OP stated, bombproof, or, utilitarian?

For example, if I had to choose just ONE “survival” light, it would be the Waka Waka Power which which will recharge its internal batteries in the sun and provide a boost to some minor devices like a cell phone, assuming an EMP has not rendered either inoperative and assuming the former was protected properly in a Faraday cage.

Let me be forthright: most of us here have numerous lights, and maybe a bag we keep them in (or one we would at least throw a few in) if we had to bolt at a literal moment’s notice.

But if I could only have one light, having been given less than a literal second to spare to bug out, and had no time whatsoever to open my flashlight bag containing the Waka Waka Power because even microseconds were of the essence, it would be Olight’s i5T single AA-300-lumen light because it is as solid as a tank and even feels “heavy”.

I’d love to own a Malkoff and an Elzetta, and maybe one day I will, but until then the i5T is my choice although I’d be sorely tempted to grab the just as trustworthy Lumintop Tool 2.0 which will be 350-lumens brighter with a 14500! And in writing this why not forget those two, and just bring the Eagtac D25AAA and wear it on a lanyard because of its helpful SOS and Beacon modes, to name just two of several features?

Moreover, if a light did survive a bomb, would its owner likewise survive? So maybe the OP can clarify if they meant “bomb” as an incendiary device or as nuclear one.

Lastly, I have both a mental list and a written one of what to grab in a hurry if I needed to bolt in a flash. For example, a Tsunami hitting the east coast of the U.S. would reach a minimum of 55-miles inland; I live about 40 to 45-miles from the shore point.

So this thread and thinking out loud here has me thinking: what exact light or lights ought I duplicate pack in 3 very small bags for where I live, for where I work, and for the vehicle I drive?

Face it, each of us loves every single one of our lights or we would own just one! Decisions...decisions...

Am I the only one here who feels he tortures himself by thinking way too much?

LOL!

Sigh.

Be well.

- LetThereBeLight!

“Am I the only one here who feels he tortures himself by thinking way too much?”

Nope. I have spent far too many hours obsessing over crazy hypotheticals just like you posted there. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post
    “Am I the only one here who feels he tortures himself by thinking way too much?”

Nope. I have spent far too many hours obsessing over crazy hypotheticals just like you posted there. Haha
    Whew! Thank you, I was beginning to think I was the only one!

Just like after I watched my first X-Files episode 20 years ago, I was like, “You mean there are OTHERS out there as ‘paranoid’ or suspicious as I am? I gotta meet this Chris Carter!”

Hi, my name is LTBL!, I think way too much, and yes, I am also flashlight-obsessed...

someone told me this;

" I can tell from this photo alone... not good. Anytime there are soldered wires like that... "

?.
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123