• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Just ordered my first Peak

StagMoose

Enlightened
Placed an order for the copper Eiger. Looking forward to seeing what the hubbub is all about.

nbp

Flashaholic
They are very nicely built and feel good in the hand. Solid with lovely knurling.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I just recently got into peak lights "maybe a year now" and they are absolutely one of the better lights out there. I'm really not sure why more people aren't into them.

StagMoose

Enlightened
They seem to check all the boxes for me. The copper was a little pricier than expected but it is limited and always wanted a copper light.

If they are as good as folks describe them as I imagine they aren't more popular due to their (lack of) marketing and the website. It is their side gig and that is cool. I like supporting smaller businesses and very much look forward to trying out something new.

I went with the HICRi and medium beam. Guessing that will be most useful in a smaller keychain light.

I am trying to figure out all the battery/ model compatibilities. I do love vampire lights and long runners even if they aren't that bright.

If anyone feels the urge to post some pictures of an Eiger HICRi Beamshots that isn't on a wall, or just some more recent size comparisons that would be cool. If not, I will wait and do it myself when I get it.

I appreciate the info given and am working my way through the Peak threads. Seem a bit dead and old. Some really cool looking designs from years past though!

nbp

Flashaholic
Yep as far as I know they are a super small machine shop that dabbles in flashlights. So they don't market much, and are sometimes slow in communicating, but the lights are really well made. I hadn't had any Peaks in many years but just recently picked up a SS Logan and I then remembered how nice they are and wondered why I didn't keep some all along. You do get a lot of quality for the price, IMO. I think once you get it in you will appreciate it.

motigg

Newly Enlightened
I believe some of the copper Eiger models run 10440 only, so this may be moot. But if yours runs on either 10440 or primaries, I can tell you it's much brighter on 10440. If I can get a decent Beamshots later I will. No promises.

Mgizler

Enlightened
They are fantastic lights. And the owner , Robyn, is a great person to deal with.
I have mostly had eigers and one Logan. I currently have an eiger ultra with narrow optic in brass. Such fantastic lights. Built like a tank

Vemice

Enlightened
Pretty sure the Eigers all run on 10440s.
Be careful. It's a slippery slope. My recent order.
CeUQmJKl.jpg

Gone but trying to get it back
66uMGVOl.jpg

With a Mule head
L6nLOQNl.jpg

motigg

Newly Enlightened
Yes, all the Eigers run on 10440. But some of the copper limited run ones run only on 10440. Important to know if you want to run e.g. primaries in the Eiger.

Vemice

Enlightened
Yes, all the Eigers run on 10440. But some of the copper limited run ones run only on 10440. Important to know if you want to run e.g. primaries in the Eiger.
I think the only ones that require 10440s are the Ultra X heads.