Philips XV2 Xtreme Vision vs Osram XENARC Night Breaker Laser

jds2726

Newly Enlightened
What's the difference between these bulbs? Particularly regarding reliability... I've had the original OEM philips bulbs since 2003 and they've yet to burn out on me but are quite dim now so I'm looking to replace them.

I know that the XV2's are rated at 4800k and the Nightbreakers are rated around 4300k. I actually prefer the more OEM color temp but I also what something that will last and is bright and even.

What are your guy's thoughts? Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and should just get Standard OEM philips...

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I don't have enough direct data to say for sure. Generally these two HID bulb families are super close to each other, performancewise, and my preference one way or another is by a slim margin, not a fat one. Probably more important to make sure you get genuine product, whichever brand.

64.5vette

Newly Enlightened
I don't have enough direct data to say for sure. Generally these two HID bulb families are super close to each other, performancewise, and my preference one way or another is by a slim margin, not a fat one. Probably more important to make sure you get genuine product, whichever brand.

Finally upgraded my 4yo factory Osrams to NBLs and I'm pleased with the noticeable brightness increase.