[review] Fenix TK22 V2.0, LUMINUS SST-40 - 1600lm, 21700

zieloczek100

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
My name is Eryk. I am writing reviews in Polish.
Reviews I translate – google translator.

After a long absence, it's time for another flashlight test from Fenix, this time the Fenix ​​tk22 v2.0 model. The TK22 V2.0 model is similar to the PD36R tested over half a year ago: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?462415 but this time we have a flashlight with a slightly larger reflector, changed button, without charging port, the power remains unchanged (21700).

We receive the flashlight in the classic Fenix ​​packaging, on which we find the most needed information. In the packaging we find:
- a flashlight
- a leash on the wrist
- a holster
- two orings
- grommet (to use emergency links 18650)
- documents
- spare switch eraser

I like the Fenix ​​approach to placing in the user manual a graph of the decrease in brightness over time, for those interested I throw a picture of the English manual.

The flashlight uses a LUMINUS SST40 diode with a cold color, fast with AR coatings, protected with a slightly protruding black lace

Button for changing modes, slightly protruding with a very pleasant click (standard on Fenix), in addition to what I can pay attention, are cutouts, inscriptions and cutouts on the middle tube are in one line - nuances that intensify the effect of communing with a well-made product

Mentioned earlier middle tube, provides a nice grip, with a moderately hard clip included

Cap - if you look at the PD36R model, you can see how consistently Fenix ​​uses solutions from previous models in subsequent models, a fairly hard spring inside, the rubber of the switch unfortunately protrudes beyond the outline of the cap only allows you to put the flashlights in a standing position.

The flashlight can be unscrewed from both sides, the thread is well made, unfortunately in my model the switch side thread is almost dry, from the driver side it has been properly lubricated - of course this disadvantage is easy to correct, but the fact ...

Control as in PD36R has been limited to the absolute minimum,By default, we turn on the flashlight with the back button, we change the modes in the loop from the lowest to the highest (4 brightness modes: 30, 150, 500, 1600lm), while holding the button for about 0.5 seconds turn on the strobe, there is not even an SOS mode.
In addition, the flashlight will inform us about the low battery charge - it will not allow us to turn on higher modes (they are simply removed from the loop of modes).

My graph of the flashlight's brightness in time differs from the one placed by the manufacturer, remember that the test conditions could be completely different, I throw the flashlight into the water, turn it on in the highest mode and leave it for 1.5 hours - the measuring device is a phone. After an hour, there is more than 50% brightness, i.e. from the initial 1600 lm, we have over 800.

Size comparison to my EDC torches - EAGTAC brand

For the test I used Fenix 21700 cells with a capacity of 5000mAh - the cell was not included in the set with a flashlight. The link is part of another Fenix flashlight set - the test will appear soon :)

Field shots, camera settings ISO-200, f / 2, 1s, white balance - Fluorescent H

Fenix TK22 V2.0 low

Fenix TK22 V2.0 medium

Fenix TK22 V2.0 high

Fenix TK22 V2.0 high

Fenix TK22 V2.0 TURBO

EAGTAC DX3G Mini Pro

EAGTAC PX30LC2-R

A few words of summary:
TK22 V2.0 is another model of this manufacturer, about which you can say as much good and bad as on many other models.
A well-made flashlight with a very poor UI - and while this solution will be enough for most people, using other flashlights I miss the option of turning on instant TURBO, or lower brightness of the LOW mode.
Again, let me quote my ... previous Smiley quote

Quote from another review:
"At this point I would like to complain - that the control does not allow you to choose TURBO or Moon from the off position of the flashlight, that I can not turn on the temporary TURBO. And so on. The truth is that it is normal practice at Fenix ​​and most, as not all flashlights of this manufacturer are built in this way.

You can criticize, write a lot, but the truth is that control, appearance, etc. - it's an individual choice for each of us, I've been using Fenix ​​HL60R continuously for several years, or very basic control bothers me - sometimes yes, mainly if I want to get to the lowest mode, I have to click through all available, but it's the simplest form of the driver and the people I meet often don't want to go into anything more difficult - and I'm not surprised at all. For some flashlights, apart from rechargeable batteries, we need to take the instruction manual - it's a bit like with medicines "contact ... before use

Thanks for attention
smiley.gif

Eric

Last edited:

Latest posts