South Africa Fall 2019

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the HDS Section I was talking about my other Hobbies, and that I was in 2019 in South Africa. :D Here a very few pictures. I was only selectin a few Pictures very fast. I have a lot Pictures taken in South Africa….

My camera a Pentax Kp with Pentax 150-450mm lens.
F8F7wvd.jpg

Same camera with a Little bit Shorter lens:
49SY0se.jpg

I took two Pentax Kp camera bodies, the 150-400mm, 16-50mm, 50-135mm, 11-18mm lens and my 10-17mm Fisheye with me to South Africa, only for the People who are interested on the Equipment I was using.

The Pictures in the cave and the night picuture was taken with the 11-18mm F2.8 lens or 16-50mm F2.8 lens with ISO 6400 and exposure time around 1/60 and 1/100.

Pictures taken in Kueger Natinal Park

This was the badest Picture at all. Around 5-10 minutes after entering the National park directly near the road there was a shot rhino. Done by some poachers, because of the Rhino horn :(:shakehead:eek::eek:oo::mecry:

rYbWNAc.jpg

wSWH4fE.jpg

vuD2hCB.jpg

SHW5xfM.jpg

Sz9H8lL.jpg

iDJpxYo.jpg

tjjZZO0.jpg

2fy3Fmo.jpg

EufLK9l.jpg

omux7Qq.jpg

CUisuR2.jpg

hTPT4eq.jpg

Animal pictures taken somewhere else in South Africa

jrOQKTd.jpg

hxt96Vv.jpg

jmTfnBo.jpg

pL9PdH1.jpg

1HlDnzy.jpg

RibfvpK.jpg

b8zMq3O.jpg

Some places in South Africa, Garden Route, Cape Town, …

xOPOE5Z.jpg

ne3cJ0Z.jpg

yKgPWH6.jpg

a3xEypp.jpg

Xt5arhU.jpg

rXvfQEH.jpg

5aapj4I.jpg

fOieHqm.jpg

K1h2fKv.jpg

krmeuT6.jpg

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hyena found an easy entry point.. Personally I'd start at the belly myself

WofL.. why don't you enlighten us CPFer's who buys poached horn, and what is it used for?

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's wild in more ways than one. I hope I have the opportunity to visit there one day. Those are some beautiful shots; thanks for sharing!

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hyena found an easy entry point.. Personally I'd start at the belly myself

WofL.. why don't you enlighten us CPFer's who buys poached horn, and what is it used for?

I thought it was well known who poaches it and to whom it is sold. Locals do the killing and removal of the horn which is then sold to China...in some manner ...where it is sold in powdered form as medicine for treating all kinds of things but also as an aphrodisiac. Mainly it's just a status symbol...for those who can afford it.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Lightfooted,, Many newbies may not know this info..

Btw, when I posted source of (country) criminally involved parties, for unknown reasons it was removed

The truth should not be censored

Last edited: