• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Amutorch XT45vn - Singel Level Compact Thrower

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
A no fuss single level compact ultra thrower :)

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/amutorch-sd3vn-singel-level-compact-thrower

vBpgUgL.jpg

p4K8dns.jpg

nTy3YQN.jpg

photonn

Newly Enlightened
Been waiting for a light like this for years. I run at night in an unlit area scattered with homeless and drunks hanging out at the beach, and they have been quite aggressive in the past.
I've Been hopelessly looking for a tough, small, single cell high lumen thrower with a tail switch, some sort of strike bezel, and that I can program to be turbo only. I was considering a LEP, but unfortunately I think keeping the hotspot on the eyes of a moving person would be difficult. A high lumen flooder would not put enough lumens into a someones eyes at more than arms distance, if that. This is the only light I've been able to find that checks all these boxes, hits the numbers I was hoping for and is under $300. I've scoured the internet to no avail. I thought the NI40 was the answer, but it's just too big and stays in the Jeep. Anyway, this light seems perfect. I'm surprised its not more popular already, but I guess it's pretty niche. I'm so grateful for the offerings from Vinh. Just realized this will be my 5th or 6th skylumen. Couldn't be more stoked.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has the light I been looking for for the last 8 years as well. It's such a great size. But it's just a tad too late. I just got a new job this last 3 weeks and no longer need this size light. Maybe I'll try one anyways. I love he fact that it's the size of a c8! I know there's many c8 fans here so get this one instead. From all the pictures, It looks bigger than a c8, but I just checked measurements, and it's almost identical. I purchased so many variants of c8's from Vinh. This one would be the best by far.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have one in my truck and have been using it along my K30GTvn lately. This is a bold clai, but I think I like it as much as my K30GTvn. Mostly because its much smaller and the performance is just phenomenal for the size. The weight balance is RIGHT ON! I also love the numerous extra deep fins that seem to really do the job with heat sinking. A truly excellent light and the price is great also in single mode. VN4 could be installed but then the price would bump so much that we will the value advantage. The only reason it doesn't have an R is because it doesn't have VN4.

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
I see the body diameter listed as 26mm (~1 inch) but noticed in the pics that there is a raised portion that looks thicker than that, right where the body meets the tailcap. Do you know if this is, in fact, thicker than 26mm? I'm trying to figure out if this will fit a weapon light mount with rings for a 1 inch bodied light.

Question two; can you mod this light to withstand the recoil of a 50bmg?

Thanks!

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
AD, at the low sale price you can have a machine shop turn the area down to 1".. a simple straight forward procedure.. The big question is can it be dampened to handle 50 cal recoil :thinking:

Vinh, will std Samsung 40t work okay, without solder button mods?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
AD, at the low sale price you can have a machine shop turn the area down to 1".. a simple straight forward procedure.. The big question is can it be dampened to handle 50 cal recoil :thinking:

Vinh, will std Samsung 40t work okay, without solder button mods?
Yes

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
What would be the approximate sustained run time on this? I'm interested

I will do a heat timed heat test next time I have one built. Regardless due to the plentiful extra efficient heat fins design it handle heat as good as can be for the size. This batch is all out. I am getting a larger next batch in soon.