HDS Systems        

Thread: [Review] IMALENT MS03 - 13,000 Lumens EDC flashlight

Default [Review] IMALENT MS03 - 13,000 Lumens EDC flashlight

A step forwards or backwards for IMALENT?

MS18, X70, MS12, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, k75, D18, MF01S, D4SV2 - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

Default Re: [Review] IMALENT MS03 - 13,000 Lumens EDC flashlight

Thank you for your much anticipated, valuable and comprehensive review!
    I ordered two of these, along with four 40T solder spring top cells, and two VP8 chargers. Thanks to your review, I have a pretty good idea of what I can expect they can do as far as beam performance and beam profile compared to size. I donít think Iíll be disappointed, I think Iíll be happy with them.
    For less performance, use smaller flashlights; and for most performance, use largest flashlights.

Enlightened

Awesome review! The size is quite amazing on this one for sure. I wonder why all the other lineups of this size have the OLED display with magnetic chargers except this one. Did you get a chance to check out the LD70 that also just came out? That one is really impressive!
    Last edited by Optiblue; 06-04-2020 at 07:32 AM.

The two Imalent MS03 arrived a few hours ago, along with the extra long original Imalent protected usb-c cells, and four Vinh custom unprotected 21700 cells to run the light, and two VP8 chargers to charge the longer cells and have digital readout.

The very first impression: Very nice quality box, not just plain cardboard. The first impression is important, and since the box is very high quality, it provides a quality impression.
    Something different: The bezel. The bezel is too different to figure out, but it is working great, if it even is a bezel.
    The tail cap says "Built in 21700 battery", but I think it should say: "User removable usb-c extra long protected battery included", if it has to say anything at all about the battery at that location.

Worlds smallest triple XHP70.2 reflectored light! Small white room ceiling bounce check yields what I like.

Size comparison pic, and cell comparison pic: Imalent extra long protected usb-c chargeable, Vinh custom unprotected solder top, unprotected 40T.
    FW3a, FW4a, FW21 Pro, Imalent MS03, TM9K, NSX53.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    For less performance, use smaller flashlights; and for most performance, use largest flashlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    Awesome review! The size is quite amazing on this one for sure. I wonder why all the other lineups of this size have the OLED display with magnetic chargers except this one. Did you get a chance to check out the LD70 that also just came out? That one is really impressive!
    The LD10 was that bad I have no interest in the LD70.

IMALENT were confident my review sample was faulty so they sent me another MS03...

MS18, X70, MS12, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, k75, D18, MF01S, D4SV2 - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by KG_Tuning View Post
    The LD10 was that bad I have no interest in the LD70.

IMALENT were confident my review sample was faulty so they sent me another MS03...

Ah, but the LD70 uses a different LED from the LD10! I personally find it too floody and wish they could focus the beam better on the LD70. The LD10 I found not bright enough. But wow that's terrible for the MS03! Total design flaw that needs to be addressed!

Hello KG,

Your second video was posted in the German forum three days ago, and that has renewed discussion about how a few German posters report the red light turbo issue. It was reported that Imalent reported on Monday that the issue is caused by melting glue; remove and clean it up and tighten very tight, but some still have the issue, and others have difficulty removing the head from the tube to attempt this fix, and a few have, but issue remains, and majority(?) have no issue.

It was also on the German forum reported that Imalent reported that all MS03 after June 20 no longer have this issue.

Instead of sleeping uninterruptedly, two nights ago, I got up in the middle of the night and charged all of my cells and did yet another small white room ceiling bounce check with: Two MS03, TM9K, FW21Pro, NSX53, MT07 vn W2, and MMU-X3 vn triple 50.2. To my subjective eyes, MS03 ranked a little bit brighter than the TM9K, which in turn ranked a little bit brighter than the FW21Pro, followed closely by the NSX53 and then the MT07 W2 and lastly the MMU-X3 triple 50.2.

I think the issue is caused by variation in contact cleanliness and tightness and anode white plastic collar interfering. Manufacturers ship defective product, but in this case, Imalent shipped a corrected test specimen to you that was not corrected!

Now if I can only get my big solder blob top 40T's to not have this issue. For me, this light and TM9K tie for King of edc, followed by FW21Pro and NSX53 tying for Queen. Smaller edc fans, and fans of various manufacturers have a wide variety of so many great lights to choose from.

Also, yesterday in the German forum it was reported that neutral white version is now available.

I wonder if I should order or not right now? Do you think its truly fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Smood View Post
    I wonder if I should order or not right now? Do you think its truly fixed?
    I purchased two MS03 from someone who is ready, willing and able to back up the purchase if an issue crops up. So far, so good.