• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Module for a McGizmo mule that runs on a CR123

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey McGizmo Fans,

A friend of mine picked up a McGizmo Mule. It came with a beautiful Tana module, H17F/XPL-HI. Needs a 16340. Friend would like to run a CR123. Is there a module that runs with respectable output on a CR123? Looking for at least a high/low.

Thanks!

PS: if I were to get the appropriate boost driver and an appropriate LED for the driver, any ideas on where to source a pill that fits inside the head? Thanks!

archimedes

Flashaholic
The "pill" is known as an "Aleph e-Can" and is (at least used to be) available at The Sandwich Shoppe.

If you simply want something easy that will work, you could try a WTB here on CPF.

There are tons of people who have upgraded their McGizmo and may have older light engines just laying around.

Many of the vintage and stock "OEM" ones will run fine on a single primary.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey McGizmo Fans,

A friend of mine picked up a McGizmo Mule. It came with a beautiful Tana module, H17F/XPL-HI. Needs a 16340. Friend would like to run a CR123. Is there a module that runs with respectable output on a CR123? Looking for at least a high/low.

Thanks!

PS: if I were to get the appropriate boost driver and an appropriate LED for the driver, any ideas on where to source a pill that fits inside the head? Thanks!

From someone who has bought and built various McGizmo compatible LE's, there's nothing better than the original as far as I'm concerned.
Voltage compatibility/versatility being key. Most after market builds require 4.2V only, which for me is generally undesirable (as you have also noted).
Finding a driver small enough to fit that isn't a FET or atleast also restricted to 4.2V is pretty well non existent apart from the SS GDuP.
The 3S, Hive and even AA LE's are the best bet if you want the 3V option.