ARC4 2nd - Will ARC Fix it if it breaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuelblender

Enlightened
I purchased an ARC4 as a gift back in February and haven't given it to the intended recipient yet. When I do and if he breaks it, can ARC fix this unit if he sends it in? My only concern is the microswitch vulnerability. Would it be an expensive proposition to have it repaired?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on how it is broken. Some failures require a complete replacement of the light. That is why the warranty on the Firsts is a good deal.

If it does not have a warranty but it is fixable, we can repair the light for a fee.

Peter

fuelblender

Enlightened
If only the switch breaks will the brightness still continue to step down as the voltage and the current of the battery decreases?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, and all the other fuctions that occur without user input such as temp mgmt, cell type detect, tint control, etc.

Peter

cy

Flashaholic
Peter,

You stated in another thread that if an Arc4 is dropped and the switch is broken(very unlikely only 2 so far). Arc will fix/replace that light.

Does this offer apply to Arc4+ seconds as well?

Thanks,
CY

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only if it occurs within the Arc4 second warranty period which is 15 days. The advantage to buying a premium (among other things) is a much longer warranty period.

Peter

KingSmono

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
Only if it occurs within the Arc4 second warranty period which is 15 days. The advantage to buying a premium (among other things) is a much longer warranty period.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Ewww... I didn't know this. I figured if I dropped my Arc4 and the switch happened to break, it would be fixed...regardless if it was a second. Guess I'll have to be extremely careful not to drop it! Or while it's falling, try and kick it!

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
Peter,

You stated in another thread that if an Arc4 is dropped and the switch is broken(very unlikely only 2 so far). Arc will fix/replace that light.

[/ QUOTE ] Look at it this way CY, since the likelyhood of this switch breaking is extreamly remote (as indicated by Peter Gransee), we as ARC4 owners have nothing to worry about. However if I were Peter (and I'm not), I would play the numbers game and replace all broken switches on the ARC4 (only two so far). Doing so could bolster customer loyalty.

I love my ARC!

Saaby

Flashaholic
5 posts ago...
[ QUOTE ]
Peter said:
If it does not have a warranty but it is fixable, we can repair the light for a fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

fuelblender

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
5 posts ago...
[ QUOTE ]
Peter said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you for repeating what doesn't need to be reiterated.

Just so you know as well as everyone, I am quite satisfied with the ARC4 and accept Peter Gransee's definition of an ARC second. Please accept my sincerest apology if I've offended anyone. I was only giving my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.