Good cheap watches?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Under 50 bucks I don't care about the looks of it I'm so ugly it don't even matter lol. But I want it to be crazy accurate I'd also like it to store phone numbers. I have a samsung smart watch I hate it due to awful battery life

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Casio still has a lineup of Data Bank calculator-face watches that are only $25-30. The price more than doubles if you want atomic setting with a Data Bank, that's $60-80.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Casio still has a lineup of Data Bank calculator-face watches that are only $25-30. The price more than doubles if you want atomic setting with a Data Bank, that's $60-80.
Oddly enough that's what I'm wearing I just wish the lcd screen was big enough so it did not have to scroll

ven

Flashaholic
Another vote for casio, check out some G shocks. The 5600 can be found around budget, for a few bucks more the 5610. The 5610 is mb6(multi band 6) and solar, i know a few who are on their original battery 20+ years on. Very hardy, accurate to the second as update through the night.
5610(dont get a negative display like this though, get positive display if can as it is easier to read in low light)
BBtl9bol.jpg

5600(neg display)
6ZgRxFbl.jpg

If you have larger wrists(so 8" or more) consider the 56(king)
kZALlonl.jpg

Super cheap and retro? How about the metal 593 A163W, is a little dainty though, if have smaller wrists (6.5"), can be found for under $20
T3biEENl.jpg

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many times when I need a beater, I'll attach it to a belt loop and wear it that way.

Casio F-91W-1 - $10.54 January 2017

aczVEmbl.jpg

Casio F108WH - $15.16 in January 2020

7e6xJMKl.jpg

Timex Expedition T77761 - purchased many moons ago... no longer made... should have bought spares lol. the way the face shimmers when you turn it in the light or sunlight makes it an amazing display - you can sort of see it in this indoor pic.

JppS5Qfl.jpg

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Cool ty everyone I like Casio. Ps btw when I was younger I'd set my watches time on New Year's Eve to the clock drop down

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for Casio, though unless you lose such things very easily, the solar charged rechargeable battery is so convenient and worth spending a little more. Don't remember how many years without any upkeep at all; still looks good. It is very basic and was on closeout maybe 15 years ago. It is also autoset (Atomic) with the source in Ft. Collins I believe, so correcting is not needed. Not too recently there was discussion of stopping that source of accurate time keeping? It is curious though, that our cell phones change the minute just a little smidge later than the Casio.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Another vote for Casio, though unless you lose such things very easily, the solar charged rechargeable battery is so convenient and worth spending a little more. Don't remember how many years without any upkeep at all; still looks good. It is very basic and was on closeout maybe 15 years ago. It is also autoset (Atomic) with the source in Ft. Collins I believe, so correcting is not needed. Not too recently there was discussion of stopping that source of accurate time keeping? It is curious though, that our cell phones change the minute just a little smidge later than the Casio.
Mine says 10 years battery life. I hope that's true I'd imagine it's one of them nickel sized battery's. My Samsung smart watch don't even go 3 days. But it's very cool you can make phone calls with it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i may keep my casio i missread instructions at first. but now i entered phone number correct i can read it better. only bad thing is im pretty sure its a non led backlight. its tge casio telomemo 30

Xinenerl

Newly Enlightened
I prefer the Casio MQ24 (analogue). Usually about $15-$20, battery lasts for 2 years, then buy a new one. I once tried to change the battery. It fell apart not long after