Imalent        

View Poll Results: Would you like to see Fenix use lower and moonlight brightness settings?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 92.31%
  • No, what's available is fine

3 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fenix, 30 Lumens is too much brightness for low mode

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Fenix, 30 Lumens is too much brightness for low mode

Do not discount how incredibly useful a very low mode is on big, giant, multi thousand lumen monster lights. Having the ability to read a map up close, or light it up inside of a car gives it incredible versatility.

I would argue that the low modes are even MORE useful on the large lights than they are on smaller ones.

It's nice to see Fenix listening! After this poll and thread of people saying how they'd love to see Fenix lights with lower low modes than 30 lumens, they release the new E28R with a low of ...30 lumens.

Oh, but wait! They have also recently released the E35 V3.0!! Thankfully that one has a low of ...50 lumens.

Um... never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by longuylander View Post
    It's nice to see Fenix listening! After this poll and thread of people saying how they'd love to see Fenix lights with lower low modes than 30 lumens, they release the new E28R with a low of ...30 lumens.

Oh, but wait! They have also recently released the E35 V3.0!! Thankfully that one has a low of ...50 lumens.

Um... never mind.
    To be fair those had likely finished development before this thread even started.

But I'll add my voice. For a light that could reasonably be used as an EDC, 30 lumens is WAAAAAY too bright for low mode. 5 lumens or less is a must for night use. Even then 5 lumens is enough to wake people if I have to navigate an occupied space in the middle of the night, so 1 lumen becomes desirable in that setting.

An excellent idea was brought up earlier in this thread: all lights should have 5 lumens tops as their low mode, but the smaller the light, the lower that low mode can go. 5 lumens on low would be fine for the PD36R or PD40R or some of the newer 18650/21700 laser cannons. For pocket lights like the PD25 and the E12 v2, a low mode of 1 lumen would be very appropriate.

And yes, in all cases, please entertain the idea of using neutral or warm emitters in all lights.

Other than that, thanks fenix-store for all you do! I'll be placing some orders here soon...
    Streamlight ProTac HL - SureFire P2X Fury - Fenix PD35 v2.0 - Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 - Fenix PD25 - Sunwayman V11R XML2 6A3 mod - Olight Warrior X Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12