New lithiums wont discharge below 3.2 volts.

OS117

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a over a dozen 16650 2500 mah cells from Orbtronics and I am not getting the advertised capacity from them. Here's a link to the cells and their advertised specifications.

https://www.orbtronic.com/16650-li-ion-battery-rechargeable-protected

I have a Vapcell S4 plus charger with a test function and none of the cells have scored higher than 1950 mah after multiple cycles. One cell was dead out of the box and would not take a charge at all due to what I assume to be a faulty protection circuit.

I fully discharged several of the cells to test their voltage at 0% and none of them got below 3.15 volts, with most being above 3.2. These cells are supposed to discharge much lower and I suspect this is why they are not achieving their stated 2500 mah capacity.

Is this a protection circuit problem, is this correctable or are the cells just not up to advertised specifications?

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
The reason why you are not getting the full 2500mah capacity is because the cells have to be charged to 4.35V to obtain that capacity. The stupid thing with these cells though is the protection circuit cuts off a 4.2V when charging, not allowing full capacity to be achieved.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take the dead cell and place it positive to positive against a fully charged cell and short both negative ends with a piece of wire, or a stretched out paperclip and see if that doesn't reset the dead one's PCB.

Chris