Fenix L2D Replacement

sky8899

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately my L2D that I have since 2008 got stolen. I am looking for a replacement that is similar. This was my daily carry and I left it in the car and I would take it camping. Would love some suggestions or should I just go ahead and get the updated version.

Thanks in advance!

GoVegan

Enlightened
That sucks, how did it get stolen?

That was the light that Nutnfancy reviewed years ago. I bought and still own the next model that replaced it, the LD20, it is as tough as nails. Then Fenix released the LD22 to replace that, and then there is the latest LD22 update from a year or so ago.
I'd say if you miss it, then you may want to go for the latest LD22, just note the different UI with the side switch mode changing.

Actually it really annoys me how Fenix keeps changing the UIs, so personally I never upgraded from the LD20 in fact I stopped buying Fenix lights.

Another option might be the new Foursevens Quark QK2A MKIII, I have the old Quark QPA 1AA model, awesome light and great UI very similar to what you are used to.

sky8899

Newly Enlightened
That sucks, how did it get stolen?

That was the light that Nutnfancy reviewed years ago. I bought and still own the next model that replaced it, the LD20, it is as tough as nails. Then Fenix released the LD22 to replace that, and then there is the latest LD22 update from a year or so ago.
I'd say if you miss it, then you may want to go for the latest LD22, just note the different UI with the side switch mode changing.

Actually it really annoys me how Fenix keeps changing the UIs, so personally I never upgraded from the LD20 in fact I stopped buying Fenix lights.

Another option might be the new Foursevens Quark QK2A MKIII, I have the old Quark QPA 1AA model, awesome light and great UI very similar to what you are used to.

Thanks for those recommendations. So many choices these days!