Prometheus        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

Arrow ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

ASTROLUX MF05 Group Buy
    Luminus SBT90.2 7000lm*
    3000m+ 8x18650 Thrower Searchlight

Express Your Interest Below
    Try not to PM me

Last edited by freeme; 07-02-2020 at 06:05 AM.

Default Re: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

Reserved.

Default Re: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

Reserved 2.

I'm in, please.

Noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    I'm in, please.

Thank you for the great, sneak peak video. Please show us more!

Last edited by freeme; 06-18-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Wow that is massive! Looking forward to the release.

This is one impressive looking light!

I’m in, please.

Beast! I'm interested.

I’m in. Let me know.
    Once things leave my hands I am not responsible for what happens.

I am in to. Let me know please.

January 7, 2020:
    The throw should match the size. The lumens should match the size. But both can’t happen in the same flashlight. Maximum of one equals minimum of the other. That’s why most of us have more than one flashlight per size classification.

I am interested in two of these: One with single emitter for max throw, and one with multiple emitters. Five XHP35 [or five SBT 90.2] in non overlapping wells, or similar configuration, would yield a nice balance of power and throw.
    Last edited by richbuff; 07-01-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    It has been one year since an Arlington police officer defended himself against a loose, charging dog. In this case, someone other than the dogs' owner did Not reap the initial tragic consequences. Usually it is an innocent victim that gets it.

Last edited by freeme; 07-02-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Flashaholic*

If this light performs the way that it looks like it's going to perform, this light may very well be the first nail in the coffin of the super high end, super expensive HID lights.

Also the end of my eyeballs when I eventually, inadvertently look at the lens when I turn it on.......

Wow....so when does it go on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by stingray3 View Post
    Wow....so when does it go on sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by freeme

Mid July.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvisten
    Any news?
    It has been one year since an Arlington police officer defended himself against a loose, charging dog. In this case, someone other than the dogs' owner did Not reap the initial tragic consequences. Usually it is an innocent victim that gets it.

May be interested. Keep me in the loop.

Thank you richbuff....

Popcorn Re: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

The Astrolux mf05 (Does Size Really Matter) ?! Well that depends on your personal point of view. What is my point of view here you may ask? Well I don't know yet. (Yikes a little impatient arent we?) So if your interest is peaked please follow along with my humble little analysis(well really rantings)!
    Having some time on my hands the other night,before the overnight shift at work and being inspired by my mentor, CPF'S famous flashlight reviewer, run4jc, I set out to quantify just what my view is

A viewpoint needs to be based on something discernable that I like to call "facts" or in today's World "alternative facts" if you Will.
    Thankfully freeme has kindly provided us with some real World data, that I like to call "facts".

So just what are the facts? Well there a set of quatifiable measurements of the light. and here they are again for your perusal. Overall length is 426mm (16.77'") . bezzel o.d is 160 mm. And the battery Tube is 64 mm Wide were told.

Here's were the fun begins:
    IFirst and foremost, I want to know just how fracking big the head is. It looks huge. am I right? But your Probably saying this guys nuts , because there's no way to measure it . And your right in thinking this, but what we can do is make a pretty good estimate, using Freeme's numbers and combining them with measurements garnered from the old compare and contrast magical method!

And all we need is a measuring tape and a similar flashlight( in this case the famous BLFgt light Will play the part quite well .let's dive right in. The problem is I need to know how long the dern battery tube is and I can"t measure it but I can measure the tube of the BLFgt. And since both lights use the same number and size of batteries , with presumably similar battery carriers both tubes should be similiar in size.
    In this case the BLFgt tube is 134mm(5.26") give or take not including the thread length on both ends.
    The tailcap which again is probably similiar in dimensions to the Astrolux is 28 mm in length (well the visible portion when screwed in anyway). Add it all up add you get 134mm (battery tube) + 28mm (tailcap)= 162mm . Drum roll please . Now the Astrolux mfo5 overall length is 426mm, So we have 426- 162= 264mm(10.39") of length left approximately for the head!

Wow I don't know about you guys but an approximately 10.4 inch head is huge in my book! And could mean a very front heavy light.
    So just how much mass (weight) is aft of the head?
    Welll similar battery tubes should have similar weight but
    hold on here, the Astrolux Tube is approximately 10mm wider than the GT one. So another assumption (what my beloved wife used to say "be careful about making assumptions as they can make an a## out of you and me!) is in order here. If both models use the same size battery carriers then we could be looking at a battery tube with approximately a 9mm wall thickness. This would add some much needed weight to the rear of the light. Yikes I misplaced the rest of the weight measurements so...

To Be Continued
    My conclusions;
    At 3.4kg(7.49lbs) empty weight, the Astrolux MF05 is probably the heaviest production flashlight every made.

It has presumably the biggest head of any led based Production flashlight and as a consequence maybe extremely front heavy.

Maybe the tailcap has a puck of solid "lead"?

Size Really Does matter here.

And I'm in love , so I'm buying it regardless of logic.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Zandar; 07-08-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Listed on Banggood: xxtps://m.banggood.com/Astrolux-MF05-SBT90_2-7500LM-2,500,000CD-Powerful-18650-Flashlight-with-Cooling-Fan-3162m-Long-Range-Super-Bright-LED-Searching-Light-p-1706988.html?rmmds=search#popupStatedetail

This just in an hour ago: Quote: “Deal is Alive”

Nice! Please send me very detailed instructions, because I tried but failed to add to cart and check out.

You should receive me pm (blf) by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post

Nice! Please send me very detailed instructions, because I tried but failed to add to cart and check out.

Hi freeme I seen one of these in a video with a silver head. Is this an option to get?

It is probably a prototype.
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray3 View Post
    Hi freeme I seen one of these in a video with a silver head. Is this an option to get?

Good news: Successfully ordered! 3 o’clock in the morning, I woke up after having a nice dream about violating my strict vegan diet, then I read a commentary on the Letter to the Hebrews, then I logged onto the BG webpage, I tried again, but the pre-order button was still greyed out, so I found my cart, I cleared the two items that I was unable to order, then I tried again, and this time I was successful!

Thumbs up Re: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

Congrats my friend! 👍🔦🇺🇸

Good news: Successfully ordered! 3 o’clock in the morning, I woke up after having a nice dream about violating my strict vegan diet, then I read a commentary on the Letter to the Hebrews, then I logged onto the BG webpage, I tried again, but the pre-order button was still greyed out, so I found my cart, I cleared the two items that I was unable to order, then I tried again, and this time I was successful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast