Acebeam        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

Flashaholic*

Default Re: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

Man, this thing is an absolute monster, and HID killer. I can't wait till you guys get yours in hand and report back. Can you imagine one of these things tuned by Vinh? Wow.

Exciting times Gentlemen.

Thumbs up Re: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

Yes, Sir! 🤗 I’m getting mine tuned by Vinh. The stock SBT90.2 is kind of floody at its tip. De-lens and focus adjustment by Vinh is a must.

Default Re: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

It is going to be awesome. Do share your experience when you receive your light from Vinh.
    Quote Originally Posted by search_and_rescue View Post
    Yes, Sir! 珞 I’m getting mine tuned by Vinh. The stock SBT90.2 is kind of floody at its tip. De-lens and focus adjustment by Vinh is a must.

Thumbs up Re: ASTROLUX MF05 SBT90.2 Thrower Searchlight Group Buy - The Next BIG Thing

You can count on me!

Quote Originally Posted by freeme View Post
    It is going to be awesome. Do share your experience when you receive your light from Vinh.
    “Let the obsession begin. Again.” -id Software

My freeme Group Buy order has been shipped by Banggood. I am so excited! After Vinh posts his thoughts about this light, I will probably order a second one from him.
    Think of how hostile the average surface of the earth is, and realize half of the surface of the earth is more hostile than that.

Tracking History
    August 8, 2020, 5:01 am
    Acceptance
    CHINA
    Your item was accepted at 5:01 am on August 8, 2020 in CHINA.
    Think of how hostile the average surface of the earth is, and realize half of the surface of the earth is more hostile than that.

It looks like mine is not in China anymore.

Inbound Into Customs
    Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

August 20, 2020, 2:12 pm
    Processed Through Facility
    ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Expected delivery Monday, August 24.

--------------
    Practical flashlights may not be the most exciting. Exciting flashlights may not be the most practical. I like both kinds.

A few buyer have received.
    Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    It looks like mine is not in China anymore.

Inbound Into Customs
    Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

August 20, 2020, 2:12 pm
    Processed Through Facility
    ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS)

Expected delivery Monday, August 24.

--------------
    Practical flashlights may not be the most exciting. Exciting flashlights may not be the most practical. I like both kinds.

I just got mine from the freeme Banggood group buy. Thank you, freeme, Astrolux and Bangood!

Now for the hard part: Waiting nine hours for the dawn of the flashlight day.

//Edit: Brief update: Still seven hours until flashlight time. The tint on mine is not CW. Definitely warm. I am personally all good with either.

Also, please don't forget to remove the protective plastic lens cover. There is a small tab at the edge that can be pulled to remove the protective plastic. There is no printing on it, so it took me a few minutes to see that it was there.

-------
    Normal people walk around with big dogs. They look normal. I walk around with big flashlights. My flashlights have bitten less people then Teds' dog.
    Last edited by richbuff; 08-24-2020 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Brief update.

467 posts on this light in another patch of ground somewhere else; one tenth of that here.

Well, anyway, at 500 to 750 meters, this light puts notably more light on target than K75. For anyone wanting notably more than the K75, it takes more weight and size. In this case, it is well worth it.

I had mistaken the center disk as the tail disk but once I got it right, wow it blows away the Acebeam K75. It totally lit up the end of the storm wash (pictured here at daytime) where before, even the K75 could “seem” to “maybe” reach it (?) With the Mateminco MT90vn+ I lit up that building and the trees behind it. Distance is 880 yards.

No night shots?

Tonight

No night shots?

No night shots?
    Photo 1 is daytime

Photo 2 is stock Acebeam K75

Photo 3 is Mateminco MT90vn+

You can see part of my Mateminco MT90vn+ bezel which I wrapped with yellow duct tape for protection and visibility.

The biggest circle is a reflective sign. At one o’clock is a powerful LED area light for the building 880 yards away. With every thrower including the K75, the combination of the reflective sign and the powerful LED area light on the building has made it infuriatingly difficult to tell if the end of the concrete storm wash is lit up. I’m very happy to share that the Mateminco MT90vn+ has so much throw downrange that one can easily see everything lit up down there! The black thing is a distant mountain range, not the end of the concrete storm wash 880 yards away.

I find the Luminus SBT90.2 casts a rather floody beam. It takes the gargantuan Mateminco MT90vn+ reflector to tame it into a straight beam.

daytime control

Stock Acebeam K75

Mateminco MT90vn+

Last edited by search_and_rescue; 09-02-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks for the great shots, Search_and_rescue!

Thank you Zandar. It’s a pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    Thanks for the great shots, Search_and_rescue!

Here is one more shot without the bezel getting partly in the way.
    All those bright stars are reflective signs as well as a powerful LED area light at the target building. It needed a beam as bright and as intense as the Mateminco MT90vn+ (Astrolux MF05) to cast enough illumination on that 880 yard distance to be able to tell that the target building has been lit and hit by the flashlight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12