Need recommendation for security light

MattA

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

We've been having trouble with uninvited "guests" on the farm. We are now In the process of installing driveway alarms, cameras, sensor lights etc.. Last week I caught my first nocturnal creeper (Ford pickup) and I lit him up with my LED headlight (Fenix). He made a quick departure from the property.

Now I'm looking for an inexpensive sunlike torch to light up my unwanted guests - preferably using 3 or 4 18650's. I saw Bestsun "Tactical" and "Skyray" on amazon for very low costs. The reviews seem ok. What do you folks think? Is there something better that's low cost?

Sure would appreciate any advice.

Renegadethreads

Newly Enlightened
I'd say you want to look for a thrower. Depending on what you want to spend Sky Lumen has a pretty good spread of options. I'd say the SBT90 is a good led to look for if you want something like the Noctigon K1vn, but probably need to know what the distance is you want to reach.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

We've been having trouble with uninvited "guests" on the farm. We are now In the process of installing driveway alarms, cameras, sensor lights etc.. Last week I caught my first nocturnal creeper (Ford pickup) and I lit him up with my LED headlight (Fenix). He made a quick departure from the property.

Now I'm looking for an inexpensive sunlike torch to light up my unwanted guests - preferably using 3 or 4 18650's. I saw Bestsun "Tactical" and "Skyray" on amazon for very low costs. The reviews seem ok. What do you folks think? Is there something better that's low cost?

Sure would appreciate any advice.

Define "low cost"

or rather, say just how much you are willing to spend.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would stay away from cheap lights that come with cheap Li ion cells and chargers. These are probably poorly made, don't perform as claimed and may be dangerous.

I would suggest a Maglite ML300, well made with a good amount of throw. You can run it on AA Eneloops or Eneloop re brands in 3 AA to D cell Parallel adapters.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I second the Maglite option and the local hardware store probably has them. The new ones with the electronic switches have four programs to choose from too. If you have an old Maglite lying around you could buy the Malkoff Drop in.