The Fenix-Store        

Thread: First flashlight

Default First flashlight

Hey guys, looking for my first decent flashlight after having energisers and throwing them away once broken. I have a budget of around £20 any decent ones bailable for that kind of budget?

Default Re: First flashlight

Iíve found a sunwayman m30a for £27 are these 3xaa models any good as I have never of this brand?

Flashaholic

You're prob best going through the 'Flashlight Recommendation Checklist - Updated MK II' under the 'Recommend Me a Light For...' forum.
    As there are many questions that need answering before anyone can make a recommendation.

I.e. what is your usage? EDC?
    What batteries do your prefer?
    For utility, or for use with a firearm?
    etc

You can then edit your post.

Thank you for your post. Itís just for occasional use when at the caravan or when camping mainly. AA batteries would be easier I think save charging. Unfortunately Iím in the U.K. so no firearm with me 😒

Quote Originally Posted by Carlgulliver View Post
    Thank you for your post. Itís just for occasional use when at the caravan or when camping mainly. AA batteries would be easier I think save charging. Unfortunately Iím in the U.K. so no firearm with me 😒
    For the budget: Wowtac A1S, it comes with a Li-Ion cell that has a micro-usb port for charging. It is basically a modern flashlight as inexpensive as possible. Notice I did not say cheap. I own one and have given them to my family as gifts.

You should be able to find them on Amazon for about that price, give or take.

Flashaholic

In that case, the Fenix E12, a little over 20 quid. It is very popular and reliable.

My favorite light for that kind of application is the 2C ML25 LED Maglite. The latest version has a low mode for extended run time. While the ML25 is a C cell light, it runs great on AA's with adapters (eneloop sells them or you can make your own). Don't know what they go for in the UK, so I don't know if it's within your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by GoVegan View Post
    In that case, the Fenix E12, a little over 20 quid. It is very popular and reliable.
    Yep
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... E01

Lumintop Tool 2.0.
    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

Yifeng XML-T6 i think is good for you

Pelican 2380r.

3rd on the Fenix E12. Simple, bright enough, popular and ultra reliable.