First flashlight

Carlgulliver

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, looking for my first decent flashlight after having energisers and throwing them away once broken. I have a budget of around £20 any decent ones bailable for that kind of budget?

Carlgulliver

Newly Enlightened
I've found a sunwayman m30a for £27 are these 3xaa models any good as I have never of this brand?

GoVegan

Enlightened
You're prob best going through the 'Flashlight Recommendation Checklist - Updated MK II' under the 'Recommend Me a Light For...' forum.
As there are many questions that need answering before anyone can make a recommendation.

I.e. what is your usage? EDC?
What batteries do your prefer?
For utility, or for use with a firearm?
etc

You can then edit your post.

Carlgulliver

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for your post. It's just for occasional use when at the caravan or when camping mainly. AA batteries would be easier I think save charging. Unfortunately I'm in the U.K. so no firearm with me 😒

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your post. It's just for occasional use when at the caravan or when camping mainly. AA batteries would be easier I think save charging. Unfortunately I'm in the U.K. so no firearm with me 😒

For the budget: Wowtac A1S, it comes with a Li-Ion cell that has a micro-usb port for charging. It is basically a modern flashlight as inexpensive as possible. Notice I did not say cheap. I own one and have given them to my family as gifts.

You should be able to find them on Amazon for about that price, give or take.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite light for that kind of application is the 2C ML25 LED Maglite. The latest version has a low mode for extended run time. While the ML25 is a C cell light, it runs great on AA's with adapters (eneloop sells them or you can make your own). Don't know what they go for in the UK, so I don't know if it's within your budget.