Great 26650/21700 light... That's also a powerbank

smithery

Newly Enlightened
Howdy!

Newbie to the high end flashlight world.

I recently came in to a cache of 21700s, and I figure flashlights are a great use for them.

While searching for an awesome light to make use of them I ran across the [Manker MK36]

I LOVE that it's:
1 - Way brighter than any light I've owned
2 - Also lasts multiple days on lower settings
3 - Has standard removable cells (don't want to locked into proprietary "based-on" batteries like I've seen with a few makers)
4 - Has integrated USB-C charging (I have USB-C everywhere, now, and have little tolerance for non-USB-C stuff)

In fact, those 4 requirements have become my must-haves.
But then the powerbank feature is KILLER. The idea of a combination light/phone battery I can hike with has captivated me, and become my 5th requirement.

I DON'T LOVE that it's:
- An 18650 light, as my 21700s are useless.

After a couple days of searching I haven't been able to find the same features in larger format batteries.

Are there any lights you know of with a similar feature-set that are 21700?

I'd also consider 26650 as long as 21700s could be used with an adapter - absolute compactness is not critical here.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

daffy

Enlightened
Rofis MR70 or MR30-never owned or used either.
maybe [h=1]NITECORE MPB21 KIT[/h]

Last edited:

Folgore202

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendation! I was looking for something that could be used as a power bank for camping, cycling and airsoft, and it does look like it's exactly what I needed.
Does it produce heat when functioning? If I'm, for example, using it in a tent, should I put it in on a little metal plate or something that could prevent a heat source to damage the plastic lining of the tent?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great 26650/21700 Light... That's Also A Powerbank

While I certainly don't need another light, it would be pretty sweet to be able to power something from a light, when needed.

jrgold

Enlightened
WUBEN TO50R, 2800 Lumens, High CRI, USB Rechargeable, use as Power Bank, 21700 Battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk