Best AAA Ni-MH for storage

Arick

Newly Enlightened
I'm wanting to store a couple of AAA lights in small bug out bags. I'm torn between Fujitsu and Panasonic eneloops they're about the same price and from what I've read the Fujitsu's are the real original formula eneloops. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically in the same position with AAs as well.

Be seeing you...

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wanting to store a couple of AAA lights in small bug out bags. I'm torn between Fujitsu and Panasonic eneloops they're about the same price and from what I've read the Fujitsu's are the real original formula eneloops. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically in the same position with AAs as well.

Be seeing you...

If you're willing to check/recharge things from time to time, Eneloops/Fujitsu AA/AAAs are a safe bet.

I do keep a stash of Energizer Lithiums in AA/AAA, just to have.

Some have stated that perhaps Toshiba developed the low self discharge chemistry, but that's not etched in stone.

Sanyo was first, but was bought out by Panasonic, who was forced to divest the factory/patents/technology, or keep the trade name Eneloop and they went with the latter and sold off to Fujitsu's parent corp.

Chris

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Energizer ultimate lithiums are best for long term storage, but they are not rechargeable. Eneloops/fujiloops are OK but it is a good idea to charge them once a year or so.

I tend to prefer the Fujis over the eneloops all else being equal, just because they seem to be less likely to be faked and fujitsu only makes their cells in Japan (unlike eneloop that makes some of theirs in China).

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I find the AA Eneloops keep their charge above 80% or 90%, basically forever. The self-discharge almost stops completely after they lose the first 10% or so. However, I find the AAA Eneloops are not quite as good as the AA, when it comes to low self discharge. I'd top up the AAA cells every year or two, just to be sure.