• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Brightest Flashlight vs The Blackest Material

imalent

Enlightened
In this video I show you what it looks like when you shine the world's brightest flashlight
(Imalent MS18 100,000 Lumen Flashlight) vs the worlds blackest material on the market (Singularity V3).

Reminder:Do not forget to join our father's day event!

https://www.imalentstore.com/

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all, thanks for posting. That is a neat idea. I don't mean to poop on it, but Singularity™︎ Black is not the blackest black. Vantablack is blacker, and there is blacker still. But I believe all these blacks are black as they are based on the same principles of nanotubes trapping photons, which... is really very crazy.

Also, this is a poor execution and implementation of this experiment. I understand that this nanotube black stuff is probably pretty expensive, but it would be much more satisfying to have enough of it to complete a nearly identical but proper experiment. The video creator's choice of a white table (which becomes a border background) is especially disappointing, because the glare from the shiny white table makes it look like the black is glaring, and I doubt that it is... probably the glare from the white. He probably should have used something like a matte 18% grey card grey everywhere if he could not afford to paint the entire table, floor and wall Singularity™︎ Black.

It is called "Singularity™︎ Black," btw, not "Singularity," which would be ambiguous and confusing. It would probably be against the law to sell singularities.

As far as the flashlight model in the video being the brightest... it sure looks bright, but I leave that determination to other CPF flashaholics to confirm or deny.

Again, thanks for posting.