tonyb microworks

tonyb

Enlightened
Preveiw of tonyb microworks custom engineering of electronics, optoelectronics and lenses.
Here are some custom lenses designed for use with leds that I will be offering.
microworks.JPG

<font color="red">MADE IN THE USA</font>
<font color="red">PATENTS PENDING
</font> <font color="red">COPYRIGHT TONYB 2004 </font>

hideo

Enlightened
yeah, tell us more ...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

hideo

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I've got one of the smaller ones that are shown in the pic with two different spacers to work with HDs or LDs. It works pretty well and is awsome for the size. I think they will be a hit for making even smaller sized Luxeon based lights that are currently out (in CPF) right now.

On a HD you get a slightly squareish hotspot with very little sidespill. If the lens is placed close on the HD the hotspot gets round but it seems like it might not be as bright. On a LD the beam is similar to a NX-05 with out the bright concentrated part of the hotspot or should I say similar to a NX-01 on a LD only not as bright. I like how the HD spacer (thicker) works with a LD. You get a nice big round hotspot.

Tony, may I post beamshots?

tonyb

Enlightened
They can only be ordered through me right now. The lenses are for the 8mm Luxeon 1-watt and 3-watt designs. Email me for details. Thanks for the interest!

tony.

tonyb

Enlightened
I can make you custom optics to be used in your own designs or for other designs such as the firefly with better results than a turned down nx05. I also make a lens for the mag solitaire and a 8mm aspheric lens that can be used with 5mm leds to increase beam quality.

tony.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, tonyb - email me about optics for the FF, please! It's a bit late to change the design now, but for the next run...you never know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What makes the result better than the NX05 for the FF? How would you define better? I'm intrested, as you can imagine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Doug.

tonyb

Enlightened
The lens system will be fast enough to be able to gather all the light emitted from the led and send it in a forward direction.

tonyb.

Aten_Imago

Banned
RE"The lens system will be fast enough to be able to gather all the light emitted from the led and send it in a forward direction."
So the lenses are focusing the otherwise 170º beam angle down to what beam angles?..And what do the resultant beams look like in terms of hotspot versus spill? Is the lens material glass or polycarbonate or other plastic?

Dave Wright

Enlightened
Doug (and tonyb),

Please work on the FFR2 optic issue. Surely turning down the NX05 and Fraen optics in some way compromises their function. Pictures of the optics on kj's site show the turned area to have a frosted appearance, which would reduce output and alter internal reflection angles.

It would be great to have optic options designed specifically for the Firefly. How these: 5 deg and 10 deg spots with no corona, 10 deg and 20 deg hot spots with coronas, and 40 degree without a hotspot?

d'mo

Enlightened
To anyone considering TonyB's lenses, I've bought several and have found them to be excellent for very small mods.

Well Done Tony!!!