Olympic Turbo-Head torch.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did any of you see this?

aoly.jpg

"Associated Press
Greek actress Thalia Prokopiou, playing the role of a high priestess, lights the Olympic flame today in a steel concave mirror near the Temple of Hera in Ancient Olympia where the Olympics were born in 776 B.C. The flame will burn at the Aug. 13-29 Athens Games."

HoustonChronicalTorchLighting

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty cool... I mean pretty hot.. I mean swim pretty torch (Atlantis) I wonder how they will get the flame from continent to continent? Surely not on aircraft...

Thanks for posting.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw something like that on tv, where they used a reflector, but backwards. Pretty cool idea. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least they got the curve of the mirror right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (for proper focus). Single drawback: it don't work at night, or on cloudy day.

Come to think of it, this would fit 'mythical' accounts of using rays to melt metal, set things on fire, etc. Some ancient civilization (that Archeology denies ever existed) could have stumbled onto this sort of thing, although I am thinking of copper for the mirror(s). Who knows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif