Machined a few UVC USB sanitizer dongles

creative_bureau

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I machined a few UVC sanitizer dongles. What do you think ?
2.5A 265nm UV light. Very powerful to the size.
The only thing I don't recommend using it longer than 5 min since it start to heat up.
creativebureau.xyz

QlGeyQd.jpg
[/IMG]

Dakine234

Enlightened
Pretty cool! Form factor and materials on point

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pc_light

Enlightened
Wondering if there would be any advantage to making it reversible so that it could be mounted flipped as well? For example in your demo video I might prefer the emitters facing outward.

Just a thought. Very nice work.

creative_bureau

Newly Enlightened
Wondering if there would be any advantage to making it reversible so that it could be mounted flipped as well? For example in your demo video I might prefer the emitters facing outward.

Just a thought. Very nice work.

Yeah it's a good idea. Thanks !

seattlite

Enlightened
Here are some pics of the Irradiance of the LEDs. I used two different meters to measure, one being more sensitive in the 265nm - 280nm range. Below is some readings with one of the meters:

ACtC-3dHAfTqmh1XWtDchCXDqUL2DGswCgQRe8L067njSVvs6yzNtC9OQqcp0CZ4d_57WZsbflbohLfSz68wpwzu5jmtQhKJV7BDyKzx-486c96WI0dn_JOPaPzgWQmGPu0GYixqsoXcUGz0tx2X2c0bsZzXWw=w723-h964-no

ACtC-3ergHEfsvX31OAqK-MpY1PsdkjGzU23DNGSdXr-j8Gg8ZkNqN_cAX9WD2TOCrzdKGopfYUPwRsphWdllqzIE3NBTN32eWlMBLHaphcKKgDdg9TZBiW_UA1itl14D-8AYsMqWkQahKKrpCB2OS6hDR95GQ=w723-h964-no

I'm gonna see if I can incorporate this into a interior foiled/reflective lunch bag and see if I can make a ghetto UVC sanitizing bag for keys, phones, masks, etc. I suspect that the irradiance might be too low for the distance/volume of the lunch bag to be effective at relatively short run times.