LEP Budget Alternative VNmod Pinpoint Spotlight (Suggestions please!)

Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since my last post, been lurking on here regularly staying updated but have been busy to spend much time keeping the hobby alive. I have returned however on a new mission! A rather unique one I would say:

I am seeking the perfect indoor spotlight to shine at prisms layered with colored Dichroic film to create fancy rainbow reflections on surrounding parts of the room. Basically these prisms, when hit with light (especially focused light without any spill to wash out the effect) create a custom spectacle to the eyes according to where the light is held, or how the prisms are arranged. It's a whole new level of "play with flashlights" experience that I think nearly all of you would love! Here is a display of what it looks like:
qDCwsAx_d.jpg

To get the maximum effect, I need a perfectly white tint spotlight with no spill that can will be in focus between 6 inches and 6 feet from this display, with the desired beam width of 2 inches. Preferably around 200kcd. The more intensity, the more vibrant are the colors.

Im thinking two medium sized aspheric no-spill spotters are the way to go, like the Dereelight Baby XSvn, but I don't know the spot width, and the price is too high. LEPs are too expensive still to buy two, (one for each hand to double the effect.)

Are there any budget quality aspherics or LEP alternatives that give a good 4700-6000K tint intense spot without spill in focus at 6 inches to 6 feet away from the target for under ~$80 each, that reach or exceed ~200kcd?

Vinh, can you mod anything like this on a budget?

Thanks,
OnlyOwnEnergizer250Lumen

Alternatively, does anyone know of an efficient way (without major loss of output) to focus a typical W1/W2 thrower into a single beam and remove the spill? Like an attachment to place around the head of the light to remove the spill and redirect all the spill into the hotspot? Is there something I can make to create this effect cheap with household items? A long PVC pipe lined with aluminum foil perhaps?

Ive tried a paper towel roll and it works alright, but I feel like I am losing a TON of output/intensity...

Latest posts