18350 pistol light?

DrunkUncas

Newly Enlightened
So my Inforce exploded when soaked in acetone, and I need something to put under my G19.

I'm in LOVE with the 18350, but can't seem to find anything in a pistol light. Is Google failing me, or does such an animal simply not exist?

FfR4DX9p

scout24

Flashaholic
Me too, but I'll play... The bulk of weappn lights I know of are designed around primary cells. They tend to sit unused for extended periods of time, rcr's are not ideal for that. I can't personally see the need for the voltage or mah capacity, but that's me. Especially under a handgun. Good luck on your quest...

Last edited:
I agree with Scout 100%.

Weapon light = primary lithium cell. Same goes for any critical application. If you are going to put in hours in the dark practicing, that is what it would take to make it worth using a rechargeable and taking any chance that you don't get that battery changed back to primary. Even then, for me, nope.

DrunkUncas

Newly Enlightened
I have so many questions.

I just spent 20 minutes typing an answer, which got eaten when the forum logged me out. In short, I soaked it in acetone for a week trying to remove duracoat and a botched hydrodip. Split the case on all 4 sides, and the buttons fell off.

I'm probably going with a tllr7 or the nightstick equivalent, unless you guys have a better suggestion.

DrunkUncas

Newly Enlightened
Me too, but I'll play... The bulk of weappn lights I know of are designed around primary cells. They tend to sit unused for extended periods of time, rcr's are not ideal for that. I can't personally see the need for the voltage or mah capacity, but that's me. Especially under a handgun.

Didn't realize 1. RCRs had an issue with sitting around 2. that single cells had come so far. I used to write bail, so I appreciate having an absurdly bright pistol light. I'm not doing that anymore, so I don't need a 1500 lumen olight. The single cells at 500 lumens will be more than adequate.

Honestly, the parasitic drain on that Inforce was probably worse than anything with the RCRs. I'm glad it's dead.

StagMoose

Enlightened
DrunkUncas,

Sounds like a recipe for disaster but understandable if you are trying to fix something. Next time just rattle can it right! Lol.

I've used streamlights on pistols. I've had some work and some fail.

I haven't tried many different options. Once I obtained a Surefire x300 in trade I just keep using that since it hasn't broken yet.

I would heartily suggest just using CR123s. They can sit forever and still work. It's good to check them a couple times a year but generally they are fine.
I still have a couple streamlights that runs on CR2s and they have held up fine. They don't get much use, but they do get some and they haven't failed yet. I don't like that they require CR2s though since it is a somewhat dying battery format.

Good luck!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely agree that you should stick to CR123A primaries for that application. Not to mention the batteries will be subject to recoil conditions. You'll want to be able to replace batteries, not have to use the same one or two all the time, especially if they have protection circuitry. And some RCR's are heavier than primaries, so they may be harder on the springs as well. AND.. they tend to have stiff metal contacts, maybe harder on your weaponlight's springs and contacts as well.