Evidently my 5 C cell Maglite is not common.

Dimmit

Newly Enlightened
Four 18650's are exactly the same length as the body (without the rear cap on). It appears all that is needed is to drop the spring down into the bottom of the cap and fill the diameter gap with a sleeve.
Is there a bulb....um...emitter that will drop into this combination?
please forgive my ignorance. I haven't been able to find anything about the 5 C cell maglites.
Thank y'all for your patience.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bqm4idc.jpg

I don't know of a drop-in because I like modding my own lights. :grin2: This being said any 12V emitter or triple 3V emitters (in series) combined with a step down driver will do. I'm for example running an XHP35 Hi in a Maglite 4D using a Taskled b3Flex driver running off 4x 26500 Purple Efest cells. At 2-2.5A (which needs very good heatsinking) this a great thrower (max specified by Cree for this emitter is only 1.05A :D).

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would be better off using 3 protected 21700's, but you would have to find a good drop-in to handle 12.6 Volts. Most of the best drop-ins are designed for about 9 Volts or less.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a bulb....um...emitter that will drop into this combination?

If you like to keep it incandescent, some older Makita, Milwakee (or such) 14.8 Volt worklight bulbs will work fine with 4 protected 18650 but if you want more power and brighter output, then PR potted WA1132U will do the job. In this case, I suggest using aluminum reflector and hi temp glass lens.

Last edited: