need help on this lumitop tool 2.0 aa

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is there 2 version of the black version of this light? i notice one of mine has a blue led in the tail cap! is there any other improvements or draw backs.?

bcm00re

Newly Enlightened
The blue light in the tail cap only shows up if you are using a 14500 cell.
And it will promptly drain the battery! I disabled them on my light. It was originally a feature on only the stainless steel model, but now all Tool AA 2.0 models have lighted tail switches — or at least that is what the manufacturer told me back in February.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
any one got any info on runtimes of the tool aa on a energizer lithium aa?

boo5ted

Enlightened
And it will promptly drain the battery! I disabled them on my light. It was originally a feature on only the stainless steel model, but now all Tool AA 2.0 models have lighted tail switches — or at least that is what the manufacturer told me back in February.

Tests have shown it will drain a 14500 in a month or so. Just twist the tail to deactivate the light.

Stainless version was never available, it was titanium.

49811593571_fe22ebba1c_c.jpg

Last edited:

Arick

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad somebody brought this up I've been running a Fujitsu black label 2450mah in my Lumintop 2.0 and just recently got a Vapcell ICR 14500 1000mah to try. I'd heard that a blue light would be visible but mine's from 2019 I got it off Amazon last May so I guess I missed the cut off before they started putting them on all of the newer lights. So it sounds like something you don't really want I was going to order another one so I will probably have to figure out how to disable it if it comes that way.
f119221a56998bd38b2dd2d8f211e454.jpg

Be seeing you...

Last edited:

bcm00re

Newly Enlightened
Tests have shown it will drain a 14500 in a month or so. Just twist the tail to deactivate the light.

Stainless version was never available, it was titanium.
That's right, it was TI not SS. Someone on BLF also mentioned twisting the tail, but when I tried it on mine I could go well pas the o-ring and the tail cap LEDs were still on. IMO it is beyond ridiculous that Lumintop created the always-lighted tail cap with so much parasitic drain that it depletes the battery so quickly. This was my first Limintop flashlight and will very likely be my last! I say that partly because the lighted tail cap was not even advertised as a feature when I purchased the light from them, and when I pointed that out they refused to do anything (and I don't think even apologized for being misleading).

bcm00re

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad somebody brought this up I've been running a Fujitsu black label 2450mah in my Lumintop 2.0 and just recently got a Vapcell ICR 14500 1000mah to try. I'd heard that a blue light would be visible but mine's from 2019 I got it off Amazon last May so I guess I missed the cut off before they started putting them on all of the newer lights. So it sounds like something you don't really want I was going to order another one so I will probably have to figure out how to disable it if it comes that way.
The tail switch cover on mine has their logo on it, so it appears you got an older model...lucky you! :) That said, it was fairly easy to disassemble the tail switch and remove a couple surface mount resistors -- I didn't even bother using my soldering iron.

Arick

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up I really didn't want to go tearing into it and I wouldn't mind having a magnetic cap but I prefer the clicky tailcap so I'll have to do a little minor surgery. And it's worth noting that so far I'm really impressed with the Vapcell 14500 I'm getting better run times than I thought I would.
a7a67bd62a1ab1dcfb68a74c9637cfa8.jpg

Be seeing you...

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Thanks for the heads up I really didn't want to go tearing into it and I wouldn't mind having a magnetic cap but I prefer the clicky tailcap so I'll have to do a little minor surgery. And it's worth noting that so far I'm really impressed with the Vapcell 14500 I'm getting better run times than I thought I would.
a7a67bd62a1ab1dcfb68a74c9637cfa8.jpg

Be seeing you...
i got like 14 vapecells lol. i use the magnetic tail switch no silly blue light

Arick

Newly Enlightened
Is the magnetic tailswitch clicky or do you have to twist the head after it's installed?

Be seeing you...

Burgess

Flashaholic
any one got any info on runtimes of the tool aa on a energizer lithium aa?

I did a Runtime test (on Medium) with my white Tool AA 2.0 AA Lumintop.
Energizer L91 Ultimate Lithium cell

Ran 20.5 hours in Full Regulation.

Then gave notice (by growing dimmer),
rather than simply just SUDDENLY GOING OUT !

Exactly what I would WANT to happen !

:thumbsup:
_