I'm searching for a bright zoomie light with an excellent lamp option that's defused

davictorschwarz79

Newly Enlightened
Ideally, I'm thinking something like the nebo poplite but much brighter (and a little bigger if need be). I'd be using it as my primary bicycle headlight AND as my tent lamp. A well defused lamp is essential as well as a beam with adjustable focus. I hate carrying a defuser separately, but any mods where I can attach a defuser uniformly would definitely be considered. How far it throws and how bright it gets is only a matter of more is more. Obviously decent battery life to use while camping. Rechargeable a huge plus, I'm currently using 18650s in other lights but open to other power options. IT only needs to zoom out enough to work as a good bike light and hiking light. I emphasize throw over flood on zoomies. Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Msf

Enlightened
The only thing that comes to mind is the Nitecore LR12. 18650's, built-in diffuser that works great, good battery life, and a reasonable amount of throw. However, it is not a zoomie and while the 18650 batteries are all rechargeable, you can't recharge them while in the LR12.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Coast HP7R comes to mind. A very throwey zoomie that has rechargeable option or primary. For only 300 lumens, when focused to pure throw it tosses a beam about two football fields bright enough to ID light colored objects. Kind pricey but it's a pretty nice flashlight.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Never found a zoomie worth a dime. It's nothing but a gimmick. Either choose between all throw and no spill, or all spill and no throw.

If zoom flashlight's were worth bothering with, then Acebeam, Jetbeam, Fenix, Olight, etc would have mass produced them already. I suggest a light that gives a good balance of throw and spill.

Latest posts