Imalent        
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what was your first led light

Default Re: what was your first led light

'07, Fenix P1D. I remember laughing the first time I twisted it on, it was so cool coming from various MagLites.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

"Good" light? The Fenix LD20 xp-g Q5 that I got in 2008. Great light.... I lost it years ago. I'm seriously considering buying a 2015 model LD22 just because Fenix seems like they are never going to upgrade the LD20/22 line again at this point. They just came out with the E20 v2, but even though I'm sure that light is great it isn't the same line really just because it's 2AA format. The 2AA format is so neglected these days in general. It's a shame.

Arc AAA premium (a couple of lumens more from its 5mm led)

Opalec dropin for mini mag. 3 x 5mm leds, but! Flat regulated runtime for 10 hours on 2 alk AAs! And! A 3mm red led to tell you when it was no longer in that regulation period. I think it was 12 lumens, something like that.

Everled Maglite drop in. Anywhere from 2-6 cells, a side emitting luxeon led, flat regulation on 2D alks, AND it even came in a variety of colors! Emit green light, like a wizard! 35 lumens, maybe. At most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Phaser: A nice EDC with great throw; heat and runtime can be issues.

Best Diffusion Film!

My first LED was a SureFire dropin for my 6P. The first light was an HDS Rotary (7-8 yrs ago, possibly more and I still own it).
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

I think it was a NiteIze mini mag upgrade. First real light was a 1st gen Pelican 2330, the one with a 1 hour burn time at 40 lumens. Funny how that one was the brightest at bar I worked in.

My first LED 'flashlight' was a super-dim keychain light of some sorts sporting a red LED running on some alkaline coin cells. Runtime was meh and it had enough output to find a keyhole in near-total darkness but it was compact and ran a long time relative to a mag solitaire with similar output.
    I apologize that this letter is so long; I did not have time to write a short letter

Mine was an Arc AAA. I ended up selling it, but I still have another one like it in the collection. The AAA LED format is still a favorite & has come a long way since the days of it's progenitor.

My first red light was Studio 44 in the Ďcross 1983

I believe my first was the Dorcy Cool Blue, purchased at Walmart in late 2002. Then I discovered the LED Museum site and CPF. That light was soon followed by a Shorelite V1 and an Arc AAA. Still have them all.

Geoff

Several years ago I started with the Thrunite Ti3. Still got it.

I was some Inova light that was on sale at Costco around 2007 or so. I seem to recall it needed 2 x CR123. And it was around 100 lumens or so. I think the tint was rather bluish/cool as well. I do remember that the width of the light was the same from head to tail.
    I have more than I need, but not as many as I want.

Surefire owner since 1995.

Blackhawk gladius count..is that LED?

owned a surefire before that though.. early 2k for sure

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
    I was some Inova light that was on sale at Costco around 2007 or so. I seem to recall it needed 2 x CR123. And it was around 100 lumens or so. I think the tint was rather bluish/cool as well. I do remember that the width of the light was the same from head to tail.
    Mine also was a CMG infinity. I still have it with the original energizer Lithium battery it was offered with. It still works, and with the original battery it came with.

Iíve been gone from here a long time - probably 150 flashlights ago. Iím not sure I can afford to come back LOL!

I still have 3 Arc AAA, one in camo, a first gen Arc LS, and an Arc 4. And way too may other lights - or not enough!

My first flashlight was olight M2R pro. When I first saw it, it attracted me deeply. It is a work of art.

I held out for a long while. I got my Thrunite Archer 1AV2 probably 5 years ago. It still works as new and I use it regularly. I still prefer it to most lights out there.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... E01

Unenlightened

It was a 3D Rebel Maglite. We are having power cuts frequently so I bought it for emergency issues.

Surefire E1E with KL1 LED head mod in 2003, both ordered at the same time.

Photon light with a red LED. Then a white version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flashaholic

A six 5mm-led light powered by 3AAAs. I got it during a factory tour at Millerís Milwaukee. That was 2007.
    min 2008 I got myself a fenix ld20.

Unenlightened Jean-Luc Descarte's Avatar

Same as cp2315, mine was one of those 3xAAA with a wall of 5mm diodes at the front. Mine was a no-name cheapo purchased from an open air market, even came with zinc-carbon AAAs.

The first one of actual renown was a Fenix E01. I still consider it a great start to flashaholism

It was either a few Fenix E01's or the very expensive Gladius Nighthawk which is still my bedside flashlight. I also recall converting all our incandescent Maglites to LED many years back (gave 'em new life, that's for certain).

My first was an HDS EDC B42XRGT, purchased around 2006. I saw it on a banner ad on some website, but had already clicked another link and when I went back, the ad had rotated to something else. Never could get that ad to come back up after refreshing multiple times. I didn't catch the name of the light, just caught a glimpse of it. Not knowing the brand/name, or that CPF or CPFM existed back then, I spent a ridiculous amount of time scrolling through eBay searching for "flashlight" until I found one that matched what I had saw in the ad. And yes, I still have it.

My first was a chinese pos w/9 led's run by 3 AAA batteries. My first serious led flashlight is my 4sevens Quark AA, now discontinued. I love the moonlight setting of 0.2 lumens.

Chris

Mine was (and still is) an Aukmont 1200lm cree weapon light with counter weights, and I also got my first green CR123a Laser sight at the same time.

Unenlightened

Thumbs up Re: what was your first led light

Mine:- Super Fulx LEDs. Loved that light, it used to emit maximum light with good resistance against movement.

Flashaholic

My first was a Fenix P1. I bought it directly from David Chow at 4Sevens, sometime in 2005. I still have have it, although I've upgraded the emitter and circuit to produce about 250 lumens at 4500K (instead of the original 55 lumens at 6000K). The natural finish on this little gem still gets compliments.

A LRI photon II in green. Was my only edc for many years and served very well. Eventually swapped the green led for a nichia gs which was plagued by less than 100% reliable contact. Itís still somewhere in my various bins and boxes.

L.R.I. Photon, white l.e.d. (around the year 2000). We've come a long way since then. First good flashlight was a Fenix P3D Q5 in 2007. First decent headlight was a Princeton Tec Quad (Nichia CS l.e.d. version) in 2006. Before 2006, you were, for the most part, better off with a compact florescent or incandescent maglite.

Flashaholic*

A Fenix.... a P1D it was. With one CR123A battery. That was the first time I encountered a "high lumen, small LED flashlight". And MAN was I impressed! More would follow after this one :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast