Malkoff        

Thread: Zebralight Product Comparison Chart - how many models do you have ?

Default Zebralight Product Comparison Chart - how many models do you have ?

I was looking at the Zebralight Product Comparison chart and out of the 167 different flashlight models listed I have 23. So I am 144 lights short of a complete collection. Who can claim the most spots out of the 167 ? I thought it would be fun to see. Thanks.
    Kata Ton Δaimona Eaytoy

Flashaholic

Default Re: Zebralight Product Comparison Chart - how many models do you have ?

Iíve got about 13...

I've got the SC64w HI and SC64c LE.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

i've got a few, all current models (mk4)

H600w headlamp, SC64w HI, SC600w Plus, SC700d

and i've tried SC64c LE, H600c headlamp, H600Fc headlamp, H600d headlamp

really, i think that zebralight is a very difficult product line to understand. probably one of the worst marketing jobs i've ever seen.
    i get that they cater to light geeks, but i wish they or someone else would make an article or video breaking down all their current models. model number explanation, comparisons with each other, usage suggestions for each model, etc.
    i've looked at their spreadsheet a bunch, and i don't know that i fully understand their lineup. if i did, maybe i'd own even more of them, hah.
    Last edited by SYZYGY; 08-11-2020 at 01:10 AM.

Flashaholic*

I have 10 Zebralights:

SC52d High CRI
    SC5w

SC53c High CRI
    SC64c
    SC600w III
    H501w
    H501red
    H502w L2
    H52w
    H53c High CRI
    Last edited by Swedpat; 08-16-2020 at 10:09 PM.

SC600 XM-L CW

SC52 XM-L2 CW

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

23 total, 18 different models.

H52w AA
    2x H53Fc AA
    H600d Mk IV
    H600Fc Mk IV
    H600Fd Mk IV
    H600w Mk II
    H604c
    H604d
    SC52 L2 AA
    SC53c AA
    SC53Fc AA
    SC600w IV +
    SC64c LE
    SC64w HI

Quote Originally Posted by SYZYGY View Post
    i've got a few, all current models (mk4)

H600w headlamp, SC64w HI, SC600w Plus, SC700d

and i've tried SC64c LE, H600c headlamp, H600Fc headlamp, H600d headlamp

really, i think that zebralight is a very difficult product line to understand. probably one of the worst marketing jobs i've ever seen.
    i get that they cater to light geeks, but i wish they or someone else would make an article or video breaking down all their current models. model number explanation, comparisons with each other, usage suggestions for each model, etc.
    i've looked at their spreadsheet a bunch, and i don't know that i fully understand their lineup. if i did, maybe i'd own even more of them, hah.
    Yeah I think if ZL would update that OLD ASS website it would REALLY HELP

Just ordered a SC600w Mk IV HI. Hope it's as nice as my SC64w HI.

... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Just ordered a SC600w Mk IV HI. Hope it's as nice as my SC64w HI.
    The SC600w IV HI isn't as nice as the SC64w HI, but it's still nice. It's a little more green (or the SC64w HI is a little more rosy), but still clean.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    The SC600w IV HI isn't as nice as the SC64w HI, but it's still nice. It's a little more green (or the SC64w HI is a little more rosy), but still clean.
    Thanks. I really hope that's not the case. I hate green tinted beams.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Thanks. I really hope that's not the case. I hate green tinted beams.
    You'll be fine. It's not green, it just looks that way side-by-side. The SC64w HI has a slightly rosy tint. Both are great lights with great beams.

Flashaholic

I have three ZL's... SC600, first gen. SC52cw, SC62cw. All three are used all the time, interchangeably, all three run beautifully, and they all cover different aspects of use. Yes, I have other lights that are used regularly too. I'm content for the moment, actually the past six years or so. The ZL's are my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by WebHobbit View Post
    Yeah I think if ZL would update that OLD ASS website it would REALLY HELP
    Simple websites are fine. I far prefer simple sites to complex bleeding edge sites that only work with cutting edge most-recent-version browsers, which prevents most browsers actually in use from using the site.

What I don't understand is why they remove product pages to the old models. Those should stay available forever, linkable from the spreadsheet. Spreadsheet links to old models go to empty "product not available" pages. Leaving the older product pages intact with that "product not available" in red would suffice.

I've owned a bunch, but narrowed it down to the ones I can't go without:

SC64c LE
    SC32w
    H600Fc Mk IV (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by chillinn View Post
    Simple websites are fine. I far prefer simple sites to complex bleeding edge sites that only work with cutting edge most-recent-version browsers, which prevents most browsers actually in use from using the site.

What I don't understand is why they remove product pages to the old models. Those should stay available forever, linkable from the spreadsheet. Spreadsheet links to old models go to empty "product not available" pages. Leaving the older product pages intact with that "product not available" in red would suffice.

Doesn't need to be complex....just modernized a bit. There should be a "Find a Flashlight For Me style Wizard" as well as stuff like - arrange by battery type....arrange by lumen output....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chillinn View Post

This is my issue as well. For example, I just purchased a SC600w Mk IV HI from another site. I went to the ZL website to print the description page and it's not there. I've done this with all my other ZLs.

Anyway of me finding this page in an archived format or some?

WayBack Machine

Quote Originally Posted by WebHobbit View Post
    Doesn't need to be complex....just modernized a bit. There should be a "Find a Flashlight For Me style Wizard" as well as stuff like - arrange by battery type....arrange by lumen output....etc.
    Well, agreed to some extent. I think we can narrow the complaint to the presentation of the information, as opposed to changing the site dramatically. For instance, I find the way ZL consistently presents the description of the modes horizontally rather than vertically kind of difficult to read.

For example, SC5c

rather than this:

Light Output (runtimes)
    High: H1 475 Lm (3min, then 352lm, total 0.5 hr) or H2 352 Lm (0.9 hr) / 236 Lm (1.5 hrs) / 144 Lm (2.8 hrs)
    Medium: M1 79 Lm (4.9 hrs) or M2 40Lm (9.6 hrs) / 18 Lm (21 hrs) / 7.4 Lm (48 hrs)
    Low: L1 2.8 Lm (4.2 days) or L2 1.0 Lm (14 days) / 0.28 Lm (50 days) / 0.08 Lm (4.3 months)
    Beacon Strobe Mode: 0.2Hz Beacon at Low / 0.2Hz Beacon at H1 / 4Hz Strobe at H1 / 19Hz Strobe at H1

How about this:

Light Output (runtimes)
    High:
    H1 475 Lm (3min, then 352lm, total 0.5 hr)
    H2 352 Lm (0.9 hr)
    236 Lm (1.5 hrs)
    144 Lm (2.8 hrs)

Medium:
    M1 79 Lm (4.9 hrs)
    M2 40Lm (9.6 hrs)
    18 Lm (21 hrs)
    7.4 Lm (48 hrs)

Low:
    L1 2.8 Lm (4.2 days)
    L2 1.0 Lm (14 days)
    0.28 Lm (50 days)