All Stainless... poor man's titanium HDS

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope. Still wouldn't be cheap.
Would be a heavy beast, but not as heavy as the brass or bronze... or even the upcoming BeCu.

I'm thinking of trying to sneak this one in... mostly because I wants it. And after wanting in one hand, and doing something in the other hand... well that other hand is overflowing so I would like to balance it out some.

Presale would be about the same as what the brass was at $560. Would be a small number as well, probably 42 again because that is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Same emitter options as the BeCu as well.

If you are interested, let me know by posting below. If not interested, please feel free to post in some other area of the internet but not here.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
I think I paid $600 for my Ti Clicky years ago so that's not that much poorer to be honest.

I would love one after feeling the SS tail on the Rotary but that would be at the outer edge of what I would possibly pay.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I paid $600 for my Ti Clicky years ago so that's not that much poorer to be honest.

I would love one after feeling the SS tail on the Rotary but that would be at the outer edge of what I would possibly pay.

Yes, but one should remember that was at the time an HDS was about $100... so you paid 6x more. If we calculate that in todays prices... LOL!

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
In, that would be really cool. How heavy would you guess it would turn out to be?

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. Expect this to happen rapidly.
Going to make it a go.
Sounds great…. :thumbsup: I take them all :devil:

But there is one question regarding the emitter options. How is the progress of the emitter classification?
And does it may make sense to bring some known emitters back again (if still available - NB35, NB40, NB45 or SS40 (you told us stock is going low))? I had the feeling the NBxx emitters were quite popular and not bad selling items…. but I might be wrong. The NC50 and NC57 were also very popular, but I think they are all vanished and built into HDS lights…?

How is the timeframe of finishing the Stainless Steel version? Same as BeCu or with a 3 month delay to BeCu since it is offered ~3 month later?

Last edited:

snowdriver

Newly Enlightened
I would also buy a stainless steel rotary. I prefer warm tints so there would have to be an emitter choice for 4500K or less (preferably 4000K or less).

klackey

Enlightened
Yes...... but emitter choices are an issue. I have most of the current offerings and hate to have duplicate emmiters..... If forced with current line up... SS40.

Time frame?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have specially emitters for the BeCu run, and some of those will be available for the Stainless run. We will be contacting those in the pre-sale for the BeCu shortly to allot those emitters to those folks first.
These include:
Nichia 9080s in 3000, 3500, 4000, and 4500k.
Samsung Hi CRI in 5000k and 5700k (preliminary testing on these has been quite good but we have more tests to run).
Plus what we currently have available.

d13avo

Enlightened
I am one who is waiting for the Samsung tests to be complete so I can make a final decision but at least now if I'm stuck between two we have twilight now so one for copper and one for stainless [emoji16]

redryder

Enlightened
Do you know the weight compared to Ti? Is body knurling cut like the SS tail caps?