Samsung 5000k and 5700k HiCRI

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, the 5700k is reserved for special metal runs. The 5000k will be the next limited HDS emitter offering.

Preliminary testing has finished, but we will be doing some more testing in the next week.

Both are 200 lumens.
Hot spot is larger than the Nichia with almost no corona. A nice wide beam better for work closer up, but by no means a flood.
CRI is 92 on maximum and goes up to 93 as power is reduced.

So far, I am very impressed with them. As testing continues, I will post more info.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: All Stainless... poor man's titanium HDS

I am one who is waiting for the Samsung tests to be complete

here is some data... not from HDS
the LH351d on the lower left, is a 5000k Samsung

o8a9nyll.png

The 5000k Samsung LH351d has lower red output (R9 CRI), than an sw45k

in the above charts, the circled entries titled duv, refer to tint
you can see the tint of the LH351d is above the BBL (positive duv number)
while tint for the sw45k is below the BBL (negative duv number)

from reports I read elsewhere, the LH351d is about 50% more efficient than the sw45k. So since HDS plans to set it to 200 lumens, it will run about 50% longer than an sw45k, also caliberated to a maximum of 200 lumens.

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will the Samsung emitters be an option? They aren't listed on the page yet.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will the Samsung emitters be an option? They aren't listed on the page yet.

Once we finish testing them in HDS lights, those who pre-ordered either BeCu or stainless will have the option to change to a Samsung if they wish.

The 5700k will be special metal lights only. The 5000k will be available as the next HiCRI limited emitter.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast

If these are being run at 200, does that mean they are similar efficiency to the nichias? And less efficient than the sst20? I always thought they were better.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

If these are being run at 200, does that mean they are similar efficiency to the nichias? And less efficient than the sst20? I always thought they were better.

These have a higher forward voltage so need more amps to run. Looking at pretty close to the Nichia in efficiency.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast

here is some data... not from HDS
the LH351d on the lower left, is a 5000k Samsung

o8a9nyll.png

The 5000k Samsung LH351d has lower red output (R9 CRI), than an sw45k

in the above charts, the circled entries titled duv, refer to tint
you can see the tint of the LH351d is above the BBL (positive duv number)
while tint for the sw45k is below the BBL (negative duv number)

from reports I read elsewhere, the LH351d is about 50% more efficient than the sw45k. So since HDS plans to set it to 200 lumens, it will run about 50% longer than an sw45k, also caliberated to a maximum of 200 lumens.

It is really worth mention that the R9 bar is a measure of accuracy not output. It is not even a measure of output at the same color temp, just accuracy. you can over saturate the reds and bring the score down in the same way you can under-saturate and bring the score down. There is an output graph but you cut it off in your clips

SmCaudata

Newly Enlightened

When I pull the trigger on an HDS I hope it's with this LED. I put one in a project light last night and the the 4000k version is my favorite output that I have.

Is there a reason this will be a limited run? It looks like you can get massive quantities of the 5000k quite easily. https://www.digikey.com/products/en...&stock=1&k=lh351d&pageSize=25&pkeyword=lh351d

As a former elec engineer in MN I used DigiKey at least weekly.

Edit: You could get the 6000k on 8-week lead time if you wanted 6,400 of them for some reason. ;)

Last edited: