45mm exteder tube for "C" size Maglite

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone help me find one of these. Looks like I will have to start using the 26650 cells instead of the older 26500 (I use three cells) which I have now but are on the way out.
I presume that this length extension tube should be sufficient to do this.....any ideas? thank you.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like his tubes will not fit the 26 size cells as being slightly too wide.......back to the drawing board

The 25500 cells in this light will eventually die and that will be that, unless I can find a good replacement.......

Last edited:

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered using 21700's? Some of 21700's have capacities comparable with 26650's and will fit in a C cell barrel with a spacer.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
xxo

Yes I have, the problem is that there are not many if any with protection circuit.

As I am not comfortable using unprotected cells, the choice is limited.

I dont know if my Nitecore Intellicharger i4 could deal with unprotected cells without my attention as far as overcharging or dealing with over discharged cells safely.

If I could be convinced that using unprotected cells is safe in the i4 charger and I dont have to treat them like an unexploded device, then I would give them serious consideration.....next question would be what brand and where to get them.....

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree on the protected cells.

Keep power has a 5000 mAh protected 21700, they are about 74.5 mm long - too long for most chargers, but I would think that chargers that will fit protected 21700's should be coming out in (hopefully) not too long. Currently I use a olight UC charger for these.

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
I have a 2cell ROP setup that used AW cells and when one died I did not have a solution at the time. 26650 cells wont fit unless you get the body bored.
I got a extender from FM and a sleeve and put in 2- 18650s and the ligh works great again. You might be able to do something similar.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is copied from another thread but also relevant in this one.....

So I just finished my come-alive 3xC Maglite.
Using 2x21700 with electrical tape (I think its 5/8th" wide) around the middle of the battery to the ideal thickness (trial and error in how much tape you put on)
The batteries stay straight and centred and don't rattle, no need to buy anything other than one roll of electrical tape maybe worth a dollar.
The Philips 5761 in FM smooth reflector and using the AW soft start switch.
Works perfectly

I did the same on my D Maglite with extension tube. I am now using 3x26650 again with electrical tape around the middle of each battery, this time using a FM1909, the rest is the same as on my C Mag.
Also works perfectly......

And yes, I purchased a couple of the Nitecore UM4 chargers, easily do the 21700's regarding length.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is not possible to make 26xxx M*g "C" extension tube of any length. This is because by doing that, threads will be destroyed.
There are some 50mm extension tube available
here to convert 2C to 3C or 2x21700

Last edited: