Surefire Aviator lights? Any good?

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
How good are the Surefire Aviators? Does anyone own one?
I would prefer the White with Red.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire Aviators are good, but unless your accustomed to surefire or prefer to buy surefire when one fits your need. It may not be the light for you otherwise, I have the older generation ones, and though I love them I wouldn't use them day to day (even when there output was comparable to my edc. Yes they are built tough but so are Fenix and they have a 1000 lumen flashlight with red secondary. It's 1/3 the price, so I'd be more prone to use it and not feel as bad if it gets lost or stolen

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Those old SF combination incandescent and LED Aviators were really revolutionary lights back when they came out. But that was only clear to mainly those who worked around aircraft.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Or if you were a ghost hunter😁 that's what I used mine for. Fond memories with that light.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I did. It was a very exciting hobby. And a good excuse to use my lights😁

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
As the others have said, the Surefire Aviator's time has passed. At the time, it was practically the only light that could be used for plane inspections, and then used in the cockpit while in flight. Nowadays, there are a loght of dual lights that can do the same job. Just as an example, Nitecore has several, in various form factors.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
While the stock version of the incand A2 never really appealed to me, I still use two A2s with multimode calipsoii rings with Yuji LEDs. One 3500K vesrion, the other one is 5600k. I don't think that any of the current two-beam lights can match the quality of light of the yujies and the incand bulb

busseguy

Enlightened
Or if you were a ghost hunter that's what I used mine for. Fond memories with that light.

That's awesome. Nice to see a fellow ghost hunter here. I had a really good EVP that we uploaded to my friends computer so we could all listen to it but it freaked him out to much and he erased it before I could make a copy.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I have a phenomenal EVP that we got in an old mine shaft. It was quite a shock to hear it!

Yeah the big one around here is rolling Hills Asylum. Now THATS a scary place. I used my A2 hung around my neck with leds on. The incandescent ready if I needed more light.The leds put out more then enough light to walk around with.

DAN92

Enlightened
How good are the Surefire Aviators? Does anyone own one?
I would prefer the White with Red.
I always appreciate my Surefire Aviator with white and red LEDs.

surefi11.jpg

dsc00810.jpg