Imalent        

Thread: Jeers to Nealís Gadgets

Default Jeers to Nealís Gadgets

I ordered a titanium clip for the Lumintop LM10 and order was confirmed on the 15th June. Ten days later the order had not been shipped. Sent email asking for status of the order. Received no reply. On the 30th June opened a case with PayPal. On. The 1st. July received money back from PayPal. No correspondence from Neilís Gadgets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Cast forth lightning, and scatter them" - Psalms 144:6

Default Re: Jeers to Nealís Gadgets

Ya.. He's not the most reliable.
    I ordered a light from him and a month later I got ahold of him to check up and he never even sent it.. Lol

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

been asking for a release of a light for some weeks now ( MINI GT FLAT WHITE ) , - the reply is always " next week "
    lol.
    Malkoff M61T, Jetbeam E21A 5700k 9080 AAA.

Iíll pile on. Neil assured me last week that the rrt-01 version 2020 was in stock and even included a pic of a bunch of lights. Now itís out of stock and the only way I could get him to answer an email was by asking about another purchase! Yet others have perfect transactions with him.

Quote Originally Posted by tadbik View Post
    ordered
    Ten days later the order had not been shipped. Sent email asking for status of the order. Received no reply.
    On the 30th June opened a case with PayPal. On. The 1st. July received money back from PayPal. No correspondence from Neilís Gadgets!
    well done!

now paypal has a record of another dispute against Neal

and you dont have to deal with the frustration of being ignored

this is the new normal

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffg0330 View Post
    Now itís out of stock and the only way I could get him to answer an email was by asking about another purchase!
    open a paypal dispute

this is the new normal

speculation:
    Neals cash flow may be managed in a manner similar to a prepaid presale, or "kickstarter"...

you pay, others pay, when funds are sufficient, he buys the product...
    email asking for shipping predictions before the lights are in hand, are ignored

====

how to have a smooth transaction with Neal

place your order online

if it does not ship within whatever amount of time you feel is reasonable

file a paypal dispute and get a refund

do not email asking questions about pending orders,
    unless you enjoy being ignored, repeatedly,
    and want to post all about it...

I had the exact same experience. Paypal dispute refunded money after 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffg0330 View Post
    rrt-01 version 2020 was in stock
    Same. Ordered RRT01 on 18th June. Replied within 5min in Facebook when I asked if he'll sell Mini One in Nichia. But no reply about the RRT01 order (not shipped yet).

EDIT: I asked in Chinese. He replied immediately on FB. He's expecting more stock from JETBeam in a few days. He paid them half a month ago.
    Last edited by TimMc; 07-05-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Flashaholic

I have ordered 3 times from Neal.

First order (Aug 2018) was a hassle and I eventually received what I ordered after just about 2 months. Multiple emails went unanswered - very spotty communication at best. Should have seen the warning signs but figured - give the guy a chance and after all I did get what I ordered.

Second order (Sept 2019) went great - quickly shipped and arrived as expected. Did not require any prompting/emails/etc.

Third order (Oct 2019) was absolutely horrible - was told product was back-ordered but due in soon. Then he sent me pictures showing the flashlight on hand and would ship out the following week. Several weeks go by with multiple unanswered emails with me asking for shipping confirmation/tracking info - no response. Like several others above - after 2 months of frustration I filed a PayPal dispute and he quickly cancelled my order and refunded my money.

Lesson learned for me - will never order from Neal's Gadgets again.

Hopefully this thread will help others if they are on the fence...

Cheers,
    Tim
    Last edited by CobraMan; 07-05-2020 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Spelling error - filled changed to filed.
    More Lights Than I Care to Admit but Not Enough to Stop Buying!