• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Jeers to Neal’s Gadgets

tadbik

Enlightened
I ordered a titanium clip for the Lumintop LM10 and order was confirmed on the 15th June. Ten days later the order had not been shipped. Sent email asking for status of the order. Received no reply. On the 30th June opened a case with PayPal. On. The 1st. July received money back from PayPal. No correspondence from Neil's Gadgets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilo7448

Enlightened
Ya.. He's not the most reliable.
I ordered a light from him and a month later I got ahold of him to check up and he never even sent it.. Lol

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
been asking for a release of a light for some weeks now ( MINI GT FLAT WHITE ) , - the reply is always " next week "
lol.

Jeffg0330

Newly Enlightened
I'll pile on. Neil assured me last week that the rrt-01 version 2020 was in stock and even included a pic of a bunch of lights. Now it's out of stock and the only way I could get him to answer an email was by asking about another purchase! Yet others have perfect transactions with him.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
ordered
Ten days later the order had not been shipped. Sent email asking for status of the order. Received no reply.
On the 30th June opened a case with PayPal. On. The 1st. July received money back from PayPal. No correspondence from Neil's Gadgets!

well done!

now paypal has a record of another dispute against Neal

and you dont have to deal with the frustration of being ignored

this is the new normal

Now it's out of stock and the only way I could get him to answer an email was by asking about another purchase!

open a paypal dispute

this is the new normal

speculation:
Neals cash flow may be managed in a manner similar to a prepaid presale, or "kickstarter"...

you pay, others pay, when funds are sufficient, he buys the product...
email asking for shipping predictions before the lights are in hand, are ignored

====

how to have a smooth transaction with Neal

place your order online

if it does not ship within whatever amount of time you feel is reasonable

file a paypal dispute and get a refund

do not email asking questions about pending orders,
unless you enjoy being ignored, repeatedly,
and want to post all about it...

TimMc

Newly Enlightened
rrt-01 version 2020 was in stock

Same. Ordered RRT01 on 18th June. Replied within 5min in Facebook when I asked if he'll sell Mini One in Nichia. But no reply about the RRT01 order (not shipped yet).

EDIT: I asked in Chinese. He replied immediately on FB. He's expecting more stock from JETBeam in a few days. He paid them half a month ago.
EDIT2: Cancelled order.

Last edited:

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered 3 times from Neal.

First order (Aug 2018) was a hassle and I eventually received what I ordered after just about 2 months. Multiple emails went unanswered - very spotty communication at best. Should have seen the warning signs but figured - give the guy a chance and after all I did get what I ordered.

Second order (Sept 2019) went great - quickly shipped and arrived as expected. Did not require any prompting/emails/etc.

Third order (Oct 2019) was absolutely horrible - was told product was back-ordered but due in soon. Then he sent me pictures showing the flashlight on hand and would ship out the following week. Several weeks go by with multiple unanswered emails with me asking for shipping confirmation/tracking info - no response. Like several others above - after 2 months of frustration I filed a PayPal dispute and he quickly cancelled my order and refunded my money.

Lesson learned for me - will never order from Neal's Gadgets again.

Hopefully this thread will help others if they are on the fence...

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I just wanted to give my voice in my dealings with Neal from China who recently is selling the new 100W FF5 HID light which is well described in the spotlights section. A number of us have purchased this light and spare parts with good communication and successful transactions.

I'm not disputing the above jeers, but for me he has been a reliable seller at least for this light.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to give my voice in my dealings with Neal from China who recently is selling the new 100W FF5 HID light which is well described in the spotlights section. A number of us have purchased this light and spare parts with good communication and successful transactions.

I'm not disputing the above jeers, but for me he has been a reliable seller at least for this light.

Same. I have had a great experience with neals gadgets. I bought two ff5s and a ton of accessories. No delays in shipping and he always uses dhl even if you don't pick it in checkout so you get the stuff you order super fast.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had good dealings with Neal. This is the age of covid. International shipping is taking way longer than usual.

Probably for him to get lights & ship em.

My experience with Neil is mostly on the positive side. All my previous orders were fulfilled, more or less on schedule, with all orders arriving within seven days of the forecast delivery date. (I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Neil, and attribute the minor delays in order delivery to the efficiency of China Post in completing overseas deliveries.) That noted, one light arrived with a small glitch (a mode change hiccup...the light itself worked just fine), and I asked him about the possibility of a replacement light. My inquiry was never answered.

I would consider ordering from him again, if something really piques my interest. But since his is a relatively small operation, I would caution against expecting the same level of responsiveness that is common among the larger and well-established merchants.

Last edited:

PhotonMaster3

Newly Enlightened
I just bought 2 lights from Neal and the shipping was pretty fast, considering they were coming from
china to USA. He answered some questions quickly on the best cells. Will def order from him again

cchurchi

Enlightened
Yet another jeer for Neal's Gadgets. On November 27th i ordered a Fire Foxes 5, with a spare lens, diffuser, extra battery mag, and 8 batteries. Around $400 order. Never shipped and he wouldn't respond to email or the Paypal dispute i started a week ago. What a weird way to do business - randomy trying to steal from your customers... I wish someone else would sell this light so i could actually buy one.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yet another jeer for Neal's Gadgets. On November 27th i ordered a Fire Foxes 5, with a spare lens, diffuser, extra battery mag, and 8 batteries. Around $400 order. Never shipped and he wouldn't respond to email or the Paypal dispute i started a week ago. What a weird way to do business - randomy trying to steal from your customers... I wish someone else would sell this light so i could actually buy one.
Can't say it would be quicker but I think Aliexpress.com sells them - however after a recent experience with Aliexpress I found there is almost no way to get certain problems resolved without going through your CC company. Most of the time they are okay but slow as molasses.

I just ordered a light from Neals gadgets before seeing these messages so fingers crossed. I used PayPal and having been with PayPal over 20 years now I know they'll cover any problems if it doesn't go well.

TimMc

Newly Enlightened
just ordered a light from Neals gadgets before seeing these messages so fingers crossed. I used PayPal and having been with PayPal over 20 years now I know they'll cover any problems if it doesn't go well.
I ordered a Lumintop FWAA TiCu SST20 4000K from Nealsgadgets and he shipped it quickly. So my second order with him went well. I ended up getting the RRT01 from BG instead.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered a Thor1, battery and extension tube from Neals Gadgets and it arrived in 9 days - all good to go. I'll add that it came by some China shipping to Los Angeles and then was given a USPS label from there to my address. That is about as fast as I've gotten anything from China. Cheers to Neals Gadgets. I can't say it will always but good as it apparently has been somewhat hit or miss in the past but maybe he has a better setup now.