FourSevens        

Thread: [4K Review] ASTROLUX EC03 - THE BEST BARGAIN YET?

Default [4K Review] ASTROLUX EC03 - THE BEST BARGAIN YET?

The lumens per dollar ratio is bonkers on the Lumen Monster

MS18, X70, MS12, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, k75, D18, MF01S, D4SV2 - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB

Flashaholic*

Default Re: [4K Review] ASTROLUX EC03 - THE BEST BARGAIN YET?

I throughly enjoy your reviews, and always leave a Like on YouTube. Your review of the K75 was very helpful, plus I love the Peter Gabriel music you used in that video!

Thank you for your prompt, timely, comprehensive and valuable review. It looks like less lumens then MS03 but more throw. I ordered mine on June 12, it is coming sooner or later. It will fit in nicely with my NSX 53, FW 21 pro, MS03 and TM9K. I like the non-black bezel. Again, your video comparative beamshot reviews are valuable and right on time. I bought three FW 21 pro, and gave two of them to friends. If this light arrives soon, and if I like it as much as I think I will love it, I will buy a few more to give to other friends, just to plant the flashlight bug in their ear.
    It has been one year since Arlington police officer defended himself against a loose, charging dog. Someone other than the dogs' owner did Not reap the initial tragic consequences in this case. Usually it is an innocent victim that gets it.

I just got mine a few minutes ago, and it was a total surprise, because it had not shown as being received by the Postal Service when I checked the tracking 12 hours ago. So that is a very nice surprise! I like the smooth reflector wells, the slightly larger head and wells diameter and slightly deeper reflector wells, and the only very slightly overlapping wells, compared to the FW21pro and the NSX53. I also like the looks of the ample stainless steel bezel. These combine to give the head of the light and the reflector a much nicer visual appearance. Small white room ceiling bounce check shows subjectively identical to NSX53 which is speced by Vinh at 8,000 lumens turn on. With fully charged 40T cell, to my eyes, the stated lumen spec appears to be under reported. I very much like the much more strongly defined hotspot, compared to the FW21pro and the NSX53.

I agree with you, KG, that the throw spec is under reported (303 vs 389); I think the throw is probably significantly higher than the 303 meters that the manufacturer specifies, just based on my comparative small white room lumens check, emanating from the non-floody, (therefore more throwy) beam.

Estimated arrival date was August 15, but it arrived much earlier, by surprise!

It's a great light, I expected it to have wider flood in all honesty, it feels a bit Noctigon
    MS18, X70, MS12, X80-GT, DX80, X45vn, k75, D18, MF01S, D4SV2 - My Lumen whore Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLICS_GB