Baja Designs?

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
I have a 170"wb extended body Sprinter Van with a roof rack. I'm looking to add lights from Baja Designs but I'm having trouble figuring out which models to go with. I need flood lights for area work around the van. I'd light to hit a switch and have the entire area around my van lit up like daylight. I'm looking at the S2 series with maybe 4 on each side plus 2 in the front and back but the Xl's are more powerful but they look like more of spot light.

What Baja Designs lights are the best choice for flood lights?

Last edited:

Mr. Merk

Newly Enlightened
I saw your post on Expedition Portal. They'd probably be more help over there as this forum is more focused on lamps for driving use.

Your best bet would be asking BD directly. I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
I saw your post on Expedition Portal. They'd probably be more help over there as this forum is more focused on lamps for driving use.

Your best bet would be asking BD directly. I'm sure they could point you in the right direction.

Thanks! I just sent them an email 👍

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I would go with the S1 work/scene lights, bought in pairs to save a little money. The S1 gives you more photons per dollar. Plus, the S2 isn't available with a true work/scene lens. The S1 is available in all lens styles. This will let you truly design the light footprint you want around the van.

You might even consider having one of the four lights on each side to be a spot light. This will give you a brighter spot for working on more intricate items or allow you to aim it a bit further out for any time you need to work a bit further from the van.

i have a set of the S1's and really like warmer light, unlike the bluer cheapo lights on the market.

Bravo30

Newly Enlightened
I would go with the S1 work/scene lights, bought in pairs to save a little money. The S1 gives you more photons per dollar. Plus, the S2 isn't available with a true work/scene lens. The S1 is available in all lens styles. This will let you truly design the light footprint you want around the van.

You might even consider having one of the four lights on each side to be a spot light. This will give you a brighter spot for working on more intricate items or allow you to aim it a bit further out for any time you need to work a bit further from the van.

i have a set of the S1's and really like warmer light, unlike the bluer cheapo lights on the market.

good call on the S1's. What do you think about a spot on each corner and then 2 floods in the middle with 2 more floods in the back and front ? Or vise versa ? Floods where the spots are etc

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I would be inclined to get all work/scene lights and one spot per side to see how I like it.

The other advantage of using Baja Designs is that they sell every version of their replacement lenses. So, if you get it set up and want to change anything, then for $12 you can change the lens to whatever you need....spot, wide cornering, work/scene, or even amber.

Don't overthink it, it's easy enough to change for very little money.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive been checking into the baja designs as well for my mower. the stock lights are terrible, plus i have a snow plow attachment so what light that does come out the headlights just gets reflected back off the plow and creates a large shadow. im going to mount them up on top of the brush gaurds.