Interest in MDX compatible 21700 bodies?

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

There's been some discussion of malkoff compatible 21700 bodies so I thought I'd get a thread going to gauge interest and talk about design.

Martin said he might be willing to make some for a group buy only after the current anti roll head gb is done. If you haven't checked that one out yet please head over: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...-Malkoff-(clone)-anti-roll-hex-head-Group-Buy

Since a 21700 is too big for standard C series tail threads it would either need a new tail cap, or an integral tail cap like older md bodies or the mdc line. I would prefer the integral tail as it would require less machining so it should be cheaper and md lights are easier to change batteries at the head anyway.

Please comment if you'd be interested along with how many 1x21700 and 2x21700 bodies you think you'd buy.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Wondering if he can get rid of the switch completely and make it a twisty? With that there would be literally nothing that could go bad/break on it. Think SHTF light.Think id grab 2 one for a high power dropin or my wildcat. The other for a 4L

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Martin,

I know you're done with the hex head group buy (because I bought one - thanks again!) so have you got the itch to make those 21700 bodies yet?