Klarus        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Noctigon KR1vn - Highest Performance 18650 Compact Thrower R

Default Re: Noctigon KR1vn - Highest Performance 18650 Compact Thrower R

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish77 View Post
    Nothing to do with Vinh, as the mail is out of his hands but an idea of mail times I'm in the UK and after 20 days my KR1vn has travelled from Vinh to Atlanta, Georgia.

Tracking can be odd sometime. Sometimes it just shows up. Definitely more transit delays nowadays but nothing is lost though.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

This is one of my best seller as of late. Currently we are restocking again. All orders has been fulfilled (except for the recent surprisingly popular Red SBT versions) but if you just ordered this light then there is a 1.5-2 weeks wait.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
    The X9L is actually quite a bit bigger. If youíre going to be carrying it around anyway. The X9L has a little tighter hotspot and throws a little further but nothing crazy and thatís the only difference I notice. Weight seems the same since the KR1 is pretty chunky for an 18650 light. The X9L is smooth and slippery hence the rubber band and the rubber ring, the KR1 has a little more grip to it.

I prefer the KR1, for me it is better overall due to the size and the switch with trit, the smaller head makes it easier to carry. The switch on the X9L is very short to activate (identical to FW3A) where the KR1 has more travel and requires more force to activate which is nice. Both drain batteries like crazy on turbo which is expected. I pretty much just use turbo on these for a few seconds at a time and they are awesome.

Nice! Perfect comparison! Thank you!
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

W1.1 specs for throw/cd? Would be a sick pocket thrower with short body... curious if it can out throw my Lumintop Micro GTvn W1.1... if so, may be time to retire the little 14500 cell.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen View Post
    W1.1 specs for throw/cd? Would be a sick pocket thrower with short body... curious if it can out throw my Lumintop Micro GTvn W1.1... if so, may be time to retire the little 14500 cell.
    Micro has a MUCH bigger reflector so no way.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

All KR1vn shipped!
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Micro has a MUCH bigger reflector so no way.
    Really? The Micro has a 36mm head... the KR1 is 35mm head. Must be different depth or something for you to say 1mm difference is MUCH bigger. I thought they would be neck and neck.

Unless you thought I was talking about the Lumintop GT mini (which DEFINITELY has a much bigger head haha)
    Last edited by OnlyownEnergizer250lumen; 08-26-2020 at 07:08 AM.

I just compared them. The diff is not "MUCH" bigger as I thought.

Diameter: 30.42mm VS 31.87 ~ 1.5mm
    Height 20.2mm VS 29.51mm ~ 9.5mm

Last edited by vinhnguyen54; 08-26-2020 at 09:40 AM.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Incredible light.... and it ain't under-driven!

My only gripe is how this light steps down quickly from high. Makes no sense because it's not even hot at all... and it doesn't do it when on turbo, which is extremely hot.

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    My only gripe is how this light steps down quickly from high. Makes no sense because it's not even hot at all... and it doesn't do it when on turbo, which is extremely hot.

Could also be the battery, perhaps not enough voltage or too much draw?
    Proud owner, SkyLumen Nguyen #011
    List of my lights!

Quote Originally Posted by 1313 View Post
    I read that but a bit confusing for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Could also be the battery, perhaps not enough voltage or too much draw?
    Using VTC5D cells. I'm quite sure the Anduril thermal protection is the issue. I wish there was a simple turn off for that. I mean I'll back it off when it gets too hot.. I don't need thermal protection, especially when it's messing with my enjoyment of the light. I'll make a note to never buy any light with Anduril again... I don't like ramping anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by wimmer21 View Post
    I read that but a bit confusing for me lol.

Using VTC5D cells. I'm quite sure the Anduril thermal protection is the issue. I wish there was a simple turn off for that. I mean I'll back it off when it gets too hot.. I don't need thermal protection, especially when it's messing with my enjoyment of the light. I'll make a note to never buy any light with Anduril again... I don't like ramping anyway.
    I agree with you. The anduril is ridiculous with the step down. No mater how I configure the thermal settings it steps down after only 15 seconds on my x9lvn. It could definitely go longer. I would say about a minute before hot enough. Honestly the thermal configuration is a joke. I have tried to set it about 40 different times and it literally does nothing. Driver vnx2 is much better and more user friendly to use.
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234