The Fenix-Store        
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noctigon KR1vn - Highest Performance 18650 Compact Thrower R

Default Re: Noctigon KR1vn - Highest Performance 18650 Compact Thrower R

Got mine yesterday, HOLY COW its bright!!! Happy camper ty Vinh for the deal .
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    Got mine yesterday, HOLY COW its bright!!! Happy camper ty Vinh for the deal .
    I hope i get mine soon. I'm excited for this one
    Flashlights: R90TS, Maxtoch Xsword L2K LEP, K75vn, Fire Fox FF-5 3400k, Fire Fox FF-5 6000K, Wowtac A4, K1VN90, Weben L60, Fenix LD42, W10VN, BLF 18650 flashlight, UVBEAST V3, LM10VN90, Brandless LEP, F21VN, E10VN VNX2 W2.1, Nitcore TIP SE

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    I hope i get mine soon. I'm excited for this one
    + 510,204.08
    Think of how hostile the average surface of the earth is, and realize half of the surface of the earth is more hostile than that.

Is this light safe to use in Muggle mode? I know early Aunduril lights had muggle issues.

Shipped 15 KR1vn today. Have about 10 left to do but I am out of SBT90 LEDs. I got 50 more coming soon.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by vinhnguyen54 View Post
    Shipped 15 KR1vn today. Have about 10 left to do but I am out of SBT90 LEDs. I got 50 more coming soon.
    No peace for the wicked!!!

Are you ordering from Hank? He has the highest flux bin on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    Are you ordering from Hank? He has the highest flux bin on the market.
    No I do not.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Its pretty cool to set the max ramp to turbo then put it into momentary mode. (Ramp up to turbo, turn light off, click 5 times - needs battery removal to get out of momentary mode)

Momentary turbo only

Default Noctigon KR1vn - Highest Performance 18650 Compact Thrower R

Awesome. This light is great. Really enjoying mine. It is BRIGHT!

I think mine is in the mail from Vinh, but it may be the D18, or both. I canít wait to see what 5000 lumens at 663 meters from a single 18650 from a normal head diameter flashlight looks like. Just thinking about gazing upon such as sight is sufficient to medicate all of my anxiety about the woes of the world.

Buttrock Re: Noctigon KR1vn - Highest Performance 18650 Compact Thrower R

richbuff You Rock! 👍👍👍🌱🔦 Thanks for all your cool replies! edward

Hi edward, youíre welcome and thank you. I got mine today. It is amazing to get 5000 lumens from a single 18650 and great throw and nice amount of foreground light from a normally proportioned head size. All of the light is optimally distributed to optimum throw and optimum amount of useful foreground light. Specs that speak for themselves sure are a sight to see!
    Think of how hostile the average surface of the earth is, and realize half of the surface of the earth is more hostile than that.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    Hi edward, youíre welcome and thank you. I got mine today. It is amazing to get 5000 lumens from a single 18650 and great throw and nice amount of foreground light from a normally proportioned head size. All of the light is optimally distributed to optimum throw and optimum amount of useful foreground light. Specs that speak for themselves sure are a sight to see!
    Beam shot?

Flashaholic*

Vinh could you please elaborate on tint change related to delensing?

Thumbs up Re: Noctigon KR1vn - Highest Performance 18650 Compact Thrower R

Received and works beautifully! Thank you Vinh! I highly recommend!

ďLet the obsession begin. Again.Ē -id Software

The reflector is big enough to take advantage and work well with the sbt90, but still small enough that I have carried it to walk the dogs. Anything bigger I dont think id want to carry around, it works well despite its chunkiness for an 18650 light. I have the X9L in the mail so curious to see how that stacks up.

Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post
    Beam shot?
    I don't post my own beamshots, because I don't have the correct equipment nor the correct expertise for taking them. Also, it is best to compare beamshots from the same person, such as comparing Vinhs' beamshots with beamshots that Vinh has taken. Beamshots that are posted by people who have posted many contemporaneous and near-contemporaneous beamshots are valuable. Beamshots posted by people who do not have the proper equipment, expertise and comparison repertoire can easily be not so valuable. After spending a few years studying manufacturers and testers specifications and studying manufacturers and testers beamshots, and acquiring three dozen high performance flashlights ranging from 1,000 lumens to 100,000 lumens, I have a good idea of what a new flashlights' beam performance and beam profile will look like, as soon as pre-release specifications are posted.
    Also: Tint. The device that you are viewing the screenshot on can affect tint. I am looking at the same beamshot on a HP laptop and also on a Toshiba laptop, both with default color settings, and the tint is different.

Quote Originally Posted by richbuff View Post
    I don't post my own beamshots, because I don't have the correct equipment nor the correct expertise for taking them. Also, it is best to compare beamshots from the same person, such as comparing Vinhs' beamshots with beamshots that Vinh has taken. Beamshots that are posted by people who have posted many contemporaneous and near-contemporaneous beamshots are valuable. Beamshots posted by people who do not have the proper equipment, expertise and comparison repertoire can easily be not so valuable. After spending a few years studying manufacturers and testers specifications and studying manufacturers and testers beamshots, and acquiring three dozen high performance flashlights ranging from 1,000 lumens to 100,000 lumens, I have a good idea of what a new flashlights' beam performance and beam profile will look like, as soon as pre-release specifications are posted.
    Also: Tint. The device that you are viewing the screenshot on can affect tint. I am looking at the same beamshot on a HP laptop and also on a Toshiba laptop, both with default color settings, and the tint is different.
    Beamshots have only ever been indicative for me as like you mention so many variables.
    Not quite there yet on predicting how a light will perform/profile beamwise but its part of the learning process.
    I'm retired so I have lots of time on my hands to research instead of just buying lights on a whim now I am a little more selective.

All KR1vn should ship by today or tomorrow.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

All KR1vn should ship by today or tomorrow.
    Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sos24 View Post
    Great!
    May be tomorrow. Sorry! I had a bad headache so I nap through the afternoon. Back to work right now.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Got Red?

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Wow thatís a lotta red!

Got Red?

Thatís actually kinda cool. So $165 for red version? Can turbo mode be ran for a longer time? Is there a blue version? If so, would the Lumen and lux be same as red? Or better?

Quote Originally Posted by b8llzblue View Post
    Thatís actually kinda cool. So $165 for red version? Yes. Cant buy the Red LED in bulk so the price is retail + shipping on the LED.
    Can turbo mode be ran for a longer time? Nope. Just like SBT90.2 White. Its hot fast on Turbo.
    Is there a blue version? Let me ask. Does anyone know?
    If so, would the Lumen and lux be same as red? Or better? My meters cant measure color accurately so who knows but my guess is blue will have more lux as blue tends to reach further than red due to smaller wavelengths packing a denser punch. hahaha IDK
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

All caught up with KR1vn orders

If you ordered one and have not gotten tracking you can email me.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Anybody got comparison pics between this and the X9L?
    Sometimes we don't get what we pray for. Sometimes we get much more.

The X9L is actually quite a bit bigger. If youíre going to be carrying it around anyway. The X9L has a little tighter hotspot and throws a little further but nothing crazy and thatís the only difference I notice. Weight seems the same since the KR1 is pretty chunky for an 18650 light. The X9L is smooth and slippery hence the rubber band and the rubber ring, the KR1 has a little more grip to it.

I prefer the KR1, for me it is better overall due to the size and the switch with trit, the smaller head makes it easier to carry. The switch on the X9L is very short to activate (identical to FW3A) where the KR1 has more travel and requires more force to activate which is nice. Both drain batteries like crazy on turbo which is expected. I pretty much just use turbo on these for a few seconds at a time and they are awesome.

Last edited by 1313; 08-09-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Unenlightened

Nothing to do with Vinh, as the mail is out of his hands but an idea of mail times I'm in the UK and after 20 days my KR1vn has travelled from Vinh to Atlanta, Georgia.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast