Streamlight Stinger and TL-2 LED upgrades?

adamtjones20108

Newly Enlightened
I have an original Stinger rechargable flashlight and also a TL-2 LED. I am not very flashlight savvy. I am switching to graveyards, and am in law enforcement. I wondered if there was any upgrades I could do to these lights, rather than just buy a new one. Thanks guys.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know about the tl-2 but the Lumens factory led replacement for the stinger is outstanding

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Not much out there for the TL2 besides an old Lux Pro upgrade that was a disapointment that by all accounts wasn't very durable.
Check out a Pelican 2360 for a replacement for the TL2. About $40.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using the LumensFactory Stinger LED upgrade bulb in an old 1990's Stinger light that was originally incandescent. The beam is outstanding but it does not have much throw. $48.

Lumensfactory also makes an upgrade for the TL-2. The TL-2 LED $38.
(Not compatible with TL-2 X). Not sure which one you have.

Look hard at the cost of upgrades. You may find a new light for just a bit more especially if you also need a new battery. Take the Stinger. You probably already have the charger so buying just a new light only (which comes with a new battery) may be in your best interest. A battery alone is $16.
$16 + $48 = $64. Add another $20-$30 and you can buy a new light.
A couple of good reliable lights on the night shift are important and will be used heavily.

Take a look at Lumensfactory.com
Under Online Shop, Lamp Modules, Streamlight. It is a great company with excellent customer service.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Shucks, while looking at Lumens Factory check out the Seraph SP6 as a TL2 LED replacement.

Mark makes quality stuff for good prices. Many many members here have Lumens Factory upgrades or replacement bulb modules. And the Seraph is a light you can swap parts if you like later down the road. And definitely get in touch with Roger. Another good guy.

Latest posts