Replacement for Fenix E21

Imon

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I've been out of the loop for awhile so I don't know what's new but my E21 has finally given up on life.
It was my beater/loaner light that I'd give to my friends and family who know nothing about flashlights.

I liked it because it had a nice form factor with the 2xAA configuration and it only had 2-modes.
I've been looking around on Fenix, Olight, and Nitecore's website and it seems like they've gone a little "tactical" crazy.

Are there any simple, no non-sense lights out there anymore?

Imon

Enlightened
Hi Imon,

If you prefer AA-powered flashlight with sinple operation, I recommend the newly launched Fenix E20 V2.0.
FYI http://www.fenixlight.com/ProductMore.aspx?id=2251&tid=11&cid=1#.XwbqB6EzaUk

Hey, thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I saw that one already. I guess there isn't a light like the E21 anymore.

I suspect the market isn't there for a long-lasting, general-use light anymore. Everything has to be so "tactical" now.
I'd prefer a light without a turbo mode since those burn out the batteries quickly and I don't give people a tutorial (mostly because they don't listen) on how to use the flashlight before handing over my loaner light.

I guess I'm just gonna have to tell people to buy their own damn lights now. :laughing:
Tough to do when you're already known as the "flashlight guy."