Essential Nitecore Light(s)

1Yorick

Newly Enlightened
I would like to buy a Nitecore flashlight , but I'm having a difficult time deciding which one to buy . Is there an iconic model ? Perhaps the ( new ) P12? Should I consider another one such as the MH10 V2 or the MH12 V2 ? Please sound off as to those Nitecore lights that are popular with members here . Thanks in advance ...

Yes it looks like the new MH10 and MH12 are both USB-C rechargeable, uses the larger 21700 cell, and the LED is the more efficient CREE XP-L2 upgraded from XP-L. The only difference appears to be the new MH10 v2 uses a 4 Amp cell and the new MH12 v2 includes a 5 Amp cell for $10 more.

For a Nitecore single XP-L2 I don't think we're in any need of super high discharge hot rod cell. Maybe spend the extra $10 and get the longer runtime? lovecpf

ghostguy6

Enlightened
I hope they fixed the USB cover on the MH12. My V1 kept popping open and had to glue it shut.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
TM9K. Check it out. I like mine more and more every day. It has normal modes, and max mode is really max. No holding back.

1Yorick

Newly Enlightened
So are you recommending the MH10 V2 and/or MH12 V2 as fitting the category of an essential and iconic first Nitecore light ?

Yes it looks like the new MH10 and MH12 are both USB-C rechargeable, uses the larger 21700 cell, and the LED is the more efficient CREE XP-L2 upgraded from XP-L. The only difference appears to be the new MH10 v2 uses a 4 Amp cell and the new MH12 v2 includes a 5 Amp cell for $10 more.

For a Nitecore single XP-L2 I don't think we're in any need of super high discharge hot rod cell. Maybe spend the extra $10 and get the longer runtime? lovecpf

1Yorick

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendation , but it doesn't seem to fit the category as one of Nitecore's most iconic and popular lights .

TM9K. Check it out. I like mine more and more every day. It has normal modes, and max mode is really max. No holding back.

Hi 1Yorick, yes, I think the most iconic is their Explorer series. However, their new MH10 and MH12 V2 looks pretty good on paper. lovecpf

My first Nitecore was the EA41, and it's still available. The first iconic Nitecore was the Tiny Monster series, TM11 followed by the TM15.

So are you recommending the MH10 V2 and/or MH12 V2 as fitting the category of an essential and iconic first Nitecore light ?

Last edited: