• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Product Announcement: NITECORE Tip SE Rechargeable Keychain EDC Flashlight

NitecoreStore

Enlightened

Agpp

Enlightened
I absolutely loved it at first:
* superb output for the size
* good battery capacity
* Type C

But then I saw the UI.
Protruding buttons with long press to turbo?
Accidental activation will render it useless for me. Literally, TINI was much better in this regard (buttons protruded less, it turned on regular mode) and still accidental activations made me not use it.

Come on Nitecore, get your stuff together and fix the UI...

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it, but it does have drawbacks. I've said it so many times before, but the switch should be recessed or somehow redesigned to minimize accidental activation.

Work with the people over at LRI(Photon). Their long-defunct Photon Rex was great and a favorite EDC (for the time), although every light can use tweaking. I don't recall ever having a problem with accidental activation with the Rex, nor any of the Photon Microllights. On the other hand, even the delayed-on Nitecore TINI was a problem. I had a TINI attached to a backpack, and while going through TSA at an airport one morning, it turned on. I didn't even notice it until a TSA agent pointed it out to me...

That being said, instant on is important to me, so this new TIP sounds interesting. I rarely use turbo, so a long press is okay for my purposes. I'll probably try out one of these new TIP lights, but the price puts it out of contention for multiple purchases as gifts.

CONCEPT1

Newly Enlightened
I realy like this light, but i dont buy because the follow.
I have the Nitecore TIP2 and i LOVE IT, the nitecore TIP2 has little buttons on the side and the magnetic design is the best! (from my point of view this is the best design, because it is always in my pocket and i never accidently activated the light). Before the TIP2 i had the TIP and this light has the same buttons as the TIP SE.

I would love to see the TIP3 with the same design as TIP2 but with; USB-c, magnetic tail, strobe, and maybe make it 0.5 inch longer and put glass with a 0.5 inch reflector and 1 led with 700 lumens and more throw? Thank you!

flashlightsfordays

Newly Enlightened
I was reading about this light on Reddit and somebody mentioned that they got this light wet and now it has completely stopped working... Nitecore did give it an IP54 rating, but a keychain light should be able to withstand a bit of water. Overall it does seem like a pretty good deal and the output, battery size and brightness level options are all big pluses!

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light has indeed a very good output although the tint is warmish while I prefer a cooler white.

The solution to accidental switching on is to keep the light in 'demo mode' in which if it becomes switched on it will stay on just for 30 seconds and then go off by itself.