Jetbeam M1X LEP Candela ... they're sandbagging

Flakey

Enlightened
Hey guys so I just got my new Jetbeam M1X WP-RX in the other day and was able to take some ANSI FL1 style candela readings today, and holy smokes are Jetbeam sandbagging on the output.

I tested against my ACEBEAM K75 which has a rated Candella of 1.563M and a measured candela of 1.683M candela with my equipment.

Get this: the M1X has a rated candela of 1.323M candela but a measured 2.168M candela. That is a +64% increase over rated beam intensity.

Both flashlights measured at 8.5M after 30 seconds of runtime on a fresh charge. Which backs up the 1Lumen.com findings of 2.3M Candela.

This was not a surprise to me since the M1X beam is visibly brighter than the K75, which I literally had to buy a lux meter to confirm that my eyes were not lying to me.

How freaking exciting is the new age of LEP for throw nerds?!

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Copy and paste quote from 1Lumen's review https://1lumen.com/21700-reviews/jetbeam-m1x/

• Measured at 10m: 2,300,000 cd = 3033 m / 1.88 miles / 9951 feet
  • Measured at 20m: 2,280,000cd = 3020 m / 1.88 miles / 9908 feet
"That is just insane. I don't know why Jebeam underrated this bad boy, but I trust my measurements more. If you look at the beamshots you can see the insane intensity of the beam. If you have 1, please measure yours. I just want to double confirm my copy is special or not."

Flakey

Enlightened
Copy and paste quote from 1Lumen's review https://1lumen.com/21700-reviews/jetbeam-m1x/

• Measured at 10m: 2,300,000 cd = 3033 m / 1.88 miles / 9951 feet
  • Measured at 20m: 2,280,000cd = 3020 m / 1.88 miles / 9908 feet
"That is just insane. I don't know why Jebeam underrated this bad boy, but I trust my measurements more. If you look at the beamshots you can see the insane intensity of the beam. If you have 1, please measure yours. I just want to double confirm my copy is special or not."

More data points are better than fewer data points right?

Edit: from the quote you just posted even the author asks for secondary data points to confirm the findings.

Last edited:

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
More data points are better than fewer data points right?

Edit: from the quote you just posted even the author asks for secondary data points to confirm the findings.

The Jetbeam blows away the K75 in the photos in that review, that alone tells me it's 2mil+. Why on earth would they underrate it so much? Hard to imagine what one of these are going to do when pushed by Vinh.

Flakey

Enlightened
The Jetbeam blows away the K75 in the photos in that review, that alone tells me it's 2mil+. Why on earth would they underrate it so much? Hard to imagine what one of these are going to do when pushed by Vinh.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I'm all for being conservative with ratings, but this is crazy.

DayofReckoning

Enlightened
Jetbeam's marketing and website are exceptionally poor. Not hard to picture them fudging the numbers.

SKV89

Enlightened
True. But underrating is something I've only seen SureFire doing in the past.

All of Acebeam's throw ratings are underrated. But their lumens are always over rated. Olight ratings are usually underrated too except for the recent few lights. Seems like they readjusted their rating to not be too over-conservative relative to the competition.